Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #11 
Ritingyou

I dont even remember when I first signed up.. I just know it was this month.. lol and that is only because it says it under my picture. But I do know that I have learned more here than I would have in a week worth of research by myself. :) Even right now it's 2am for me and i should probably be sleeping but I dont want to since I know theres more I can learn on here XD
Ritingyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #12 
Gloria

omg. You must be so tired. The last 2 nights I have been on here until 12pm but just couldnt stay awake any longer... Its only 4:15pm here so ive got a few more hours til i need to go to bed for rest...
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #13 
Ritingyou

I'm pretty use to it :) I use to be able to stay up for 36 hours stright.. but I turned 18 and that all changed lol!

I just read that to much water in the fry tank could crush them(on a different thread) :\ now what am I suppose to think?? ahhh!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:28 AM   #14 
Gloria

lol, the same happened to me when i turned 20 (which was only a month ago)..
I know, im a bit confused too, i know you should only have 10-15cm of water for when mum and dad spawn but then the whole adding water for the fry. Im not too sure about. Luckily I have 2 more weeks to get more sorted.! Hopefully someone else will join the thread and help us both out.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #15 
Ritingyou

I have my spawn in a 10 gallon. Which is also filled up. There is maybe an inch from that top that I didnt fill up maybe 1.5 inches. so now im not sure if I should empty it a bit or just leave it...... :/
Old 09-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #16 
Gloria

I wish I could help. But im not too sure.. Hopefully someone else can. Sorry.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #17 
Ritingyou

It's fine, ill have at least another day or two to figure it out before they hatch. Btw I forgot to mention happy late birthday! XD
Old 09-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #18 
Gloria

yeah.... Hopefully someone will be able to reply in time to help you.. I was under the impression that you didn't added water until they were about 1.5cm big. But I honestly do not know. I am still trying to research the whole taking care of fry once made and hatched...
And Thank You :D
Old 09-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #19 
Ritingyou

I was too but then MrVampire said that he does water changes right after taking the father out.. so it must not be completely true... right? So confused.. lol
Old 09-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #20 
Gloria

Yeah, it's hard because everyone has their own method so it's really just a trial and error. But at the same time I do not want to spend all the time and effort and one thing go wrong and I lose all my fry, I would be heart broken. How long did MrVampire say they leave dad in for? I know some people leave him in until they are old others only leave him in until the fry are freeswimming... I think in the end it is up to you. I just can't imagine that when they go to take their frist breath having to swim that high would be possible since theyre so little still.