Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #1 
Gloria

Smile Spawn Log. First attempt. Pics and regular updates..

This is going to be a log for me and others to look at my hopefully successful cpawn. Will be on everyday with an update. I will not be attempting the spawn for another 2 weeks.
So.. My male has been conditioned for like the last month and a bit.. The female I was going to use didn't like the idea, so I recently got 2 new ones to try with. Which do you think would be better??
My male:
Name:  IMG_0036.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  53.8 KB

Female #1 - (she is VERY fat)
Name:  new bettas (8).jpg
Size:  70.1 KB

Female #2 - (She is smaller)
Name:  new bettas (14).jpg
Size:  55.3 KB
Female #2 - (again, the pictures of her aren't great)
Name:  new bettas (16).jpg
Size:  67.2 KB
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #2 
Ritingyou

Considering I am very bad at figureing out genetics, especally when it comes to color it is hard for me to even decide lol

I would say female #1 but honestly I dont trust the females that always has the stress stripes.. lol Only because the one I had in my spawn was like that and when her spawning bars started to appear her whole body turns into a darker purple/blue O_o

Female #2 I would also say her though because she is very colorful and I like her colors.. plus it would be kinda interesting to see how the fry turn out and what colors they have if she was the mama :)

But in the end.... I have no clue as to who to pick lol! XD But I wanted to comment so I would be able to keep up and following along :)
Ritingyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #3 
Gloria

lol.. yeah i can't decide either. I am thinking #1 as she is very plump so it be hard to condition her, she is a bit more aggressive though. You can't see it in the picture but her fin are actually a very nice reddy orange, depending on her mood. I have only had these girls 24hrs now so Im still not too sure which one. I am kind of thinking no to #2 as I have another male that I would love to breed her with. But you can breed the same male/female siamese fighter (Betta) more than once? right?
Old 09-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #4 
Ritingyou

Of course! My pair that just spawned tonight was their second time (because the first didnt turn out well in the end for the fry) and this time they got even more eggs! So they can spwn many many times, just not repeatedly without being pampered and brought back to health with really good meals and lots of love and attention :)
Old 09-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #5 
Gloria

Already has BS eggs to hatch once the pair spawn. Is wondering if it is a good idea to also order starter kits for microworms and vinegar eels?
Old 09-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #6 
Gloria

oh ok.. Well thats good. I wasnt too sure. Thank you
Old 09-25-2011, 01:30 AM   #7 
Ritingyou

Some say that bbs will be to big for new born fry so I would, although there is always the choice of egg yoke too which is what I am going to try if its true that the bbs are to big for them at that moment :) (never can hurt to try)
Old 09-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #8 
Gloria

Yeah well i thought it wouldn't hurt to get them just incase and it's supposed to be more beneficial if you have a mixed diet for them. I'd rather give them a few different things to try out.. I am think I will try the boiled egg yolk too, but I heard you can only use that for like 2 weeks? same as Infusoria?
Old 09-25-2011, 01:38 AM   #9 
Ritingyou

Yeah it's only for the newborn fry, plus it gets real messy. After 2 weeks they should be able to eat the bbs.

I noticed on ebay a good deal for 4 different cultures for 5.99 or at least I think that is what he is selling.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walter-Banan...item27b8d37009

ebay can trick you sometimes.. but if that is it I just might have to get it my self! lol
Old 09-25-2011, 01:42 AM   #10 
Gloria

Oh wow... Thank you so much for giving me the link too.. Yeah it sounds to me like he's selling all of them. That's awsome. And once you have a culture starter that's it? Isn't it. Like I don't need to buy more than one culture starter of each culture?