Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #11 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettarainbow View Post
Talking about cat, my sister is planning to buy a cat at petco, i told her that i dont think it will be a good idea because i have a lot of betta around the house.
What is your advices about having a cat in the house full of betta fish ??
I really can't offer any advice, I've had my cat for 8 years. She's slept with fettets, cleaned rats, watched the tanks, played with bunnies and dragons and she currently sleeps with a Pitbull. She's not your average cat. I do not leave my tanks open though, just in case. I trust her but at the end of the day she's only an animal :) Is your sister buying a cat or adopting a shelter cat from petco? *sadface*
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #12 
missm83

your fish is very pretty!...but how big is that vase??make sure you keep up with the water changes.. and becareful with the temp dropping if you dont have a heater
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #13 
bettarainbow

I know that betta do jump out of their jars or tanks, so i put some plastic rap over the vase. That vase is big, when fill up with water inside, it is quite heavy.
I will do water change probably 2 times a week. No heater need it for now, it is still really warm here.
My sister want to buy a cat at petco, i saw the price, it is so expensive. I could buy a lot of betta with that price, i think she is out her mind. She still need everybody approval to be able to get her cat, not everyone in the household like cat, i dont like cat either but i do like dog.
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #14 
NCPanthersgurl

Honestly some of my Betta prefer smaller or more heavily decorated tanks. You just have to watch the personality. I have a few that don't like heaters either, surprisingly.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #15 
Tikibirds

I dont have cats, but my sister has 2 cats and has goldfish. But her cats are...well they have issues.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #16 
Bambi

As lond as it's not small enough to be knocked over, andit has a lid, you're finecat wise.

Not sure the plastic wrap counts as a lid when it comes to cats, and i hope you poked an air hole or two xD two changes a week sounds fine.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #17 
cajunamy
Banned

I have 4 cats, they can easily access my open top jars, but they leave them alone. I have 2 that like to play with the fish from outside of the glass though - they never try to catch them. The closest they come to that is drinking the water lol.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #18 
tracyalexa

It's small but 2 of mine enjoy a smaller tank but plastic wrap? Be sure to poke holes so he can breathe...he is very pretty.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #19 
BettaMiah

Cats, well, I have covers for my tanks. But she does drink from my shrimp bowl. O.e

Uhm, not to be a hater or anything, I think it looks nice, but it looks a little too small. Plus, what if he jumps out? It looks like half a gallon of water. Even 1 would be a little too small. How do you heat it?
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #20 
TheCrysCat

I agree. It's really pretty, I'll give it that, but it should be AT LEAST a gallon. It doesn't even look to be half a gallon. With it being that small, you should be doing water changes. Again, it's super cool looking, but your fish would be way happier in something bigger.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote