Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

Talking Fall 2011 Breeding Projects

Ok so with a new fish room (finally...I want my bedroom back you little decieving, brain washing monsters)...I have new projects!!

Ok so lets start with the fishroom set up. Currently there are two 2.5 gallon tanks, one 4 gallon tub, one 30 gallon water holding tub, one 22 gallon plant tank (pothos, hornwort, duckweed, java fern), two 30 gallon growout tanks, one 16 gallon community tub (two male bettas, five female bettas..all siblings...about nine guppy fry, and two adult female guppies), a 20 gallon long growout tank, a 10 gallon spawning tank and a 10 gallon guppy tank.

I will be adding:

More 16 gallon tubs for guppies, a few more 10 gallon spawning tanks (or tubs), a drip system (wooohoo!!), and maybe another 20 gallon long.

Ok lets get to breeding:

So my current stock is, one blue butterfly DT, one blue marble DeT, two blue with red wash (marble genos) DeTs, two super red HMPK males, one super red HMPK female, one red dragon male, one red dragon female, and coming from cajunamy...eight unsexed juvies with dragon and marble genes.

I plan on spawning all at once.

So I'll be pairing the blue marble males to the marble geno females, the super red pair, the dragon pair, and maybe another 2nd generation metallic multi spawn.

So I'll be doing five spawns as of early November. All these spawns will be in 10-16 gallon, heavily planted (with hornwort, java fern, and duckweed), heated to mid eighties, and with Almond and Maple leaf tannins.

As far as food I will be only feeding BBS and whatever microorganisms hitch a ride on the plants. As they grow older I'll feed frozen bloodworms, Atison Betta Pro and maybe some fruit flies.

For growouts the dragons and super reds will get the 30 gallons, the DT butterfly/marble spawn will get the 20 gallon long and the other two will split into two 16 gallon tubs.

Hopefully, with lots of clean water and good food these guys will be ready for sale by January or February. Note for selling I will be reviewing your posts on the forum to judge if I'm willing to sell to you...I only want the best for my fish.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

Woah busy!! I can't wait to see these babies. What's a breeding/grow out tub? Could you give me a Google link to a picture? LOL
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

Just tanks that are used for breeding and growing fish. Like a 30 gallon is just a tank but it's specific purpose is to provide room for the young ones to grow up quickly.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #4 
Bambi

best of luck. :)

I hope to see some pictures of the fish room and parents to be soon. Do you plan on doing a massive spawn log for all 5 spawns?
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

Reason I asked is because you put 10g spawning tanks (or tubs). Was wondering what the difference is :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #6 
Gloria

OMG. You are going to be Mega busy. This is VERY excitting. Hope it all does well. You have to do a giant log for all of individual ones! :)
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #7 
cajunamy
Banned

PICTURES! And where is your fish room now?
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

Fishroom is in an unfinished sun room in the basement. Just below where my outdoor set up was. I will be getting pictures tomorrow when I move everything after school (luckily I only have school once a week or there's no way I'd be doing these spawns).

And yes one huge spawn log will be kept.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds good, Dominnic. Good luck with everything. I told you before that when you become a famous breeder not to forget your forum friends. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:52 AM   #10 
cajunamy
Banned

OOoh I really want a dedicated fish room. I really should take over one of my kids rooms b/c they don't use it anyway lol. But I'm pretty sure they'll want it back eventually...
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote