Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #1 
EverythingNice55

Unhappy For Everyone Who Read Not Too Small Gosh!

Hi. EverythingNice55 here. I came to apollogise for the whole argument about tank sizes for your betta. I was having the worst day in the world... I didn't meant anything I said and I am so sorry. I lost somebody special and it seemed like the end of the world, then I got mad at somebody for calling my tank too small.... I loose my temper too much, so I wanted to apologise. I hope you forgive me, and if you're still mad at me, please tell me why. I want to fix this problem that I started. You guys were just being honest and being nice about it, and I guess my nerves just-- well I don't know. I hope we can all get along again. I hope you guys understand. If you have no idea what I am talking about, don't bother commenting, because I am not explained everything that happened. It's ironic because my username is EverythingNice.... Anyways, I am SOOO sorry! Please forgive me!
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #2 
ollief9

Although I was not involved with this stuff, I did take the time to read it all. I wish you luck with continuing enjoying this forum, and my condolences for your loss. We all have our days and I think it's best to just forget these things and move on.

We are all entitled to our opinions. However try not to let things get so 'heated' next time.

No worries, good luck.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #3 
PewPewPew

I agree. Dont let it get the best of you next time. It does happen, though, we're only human.

Just keep on trying.

<3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #4 
bahamut285

As far as I'm concerned, I understand some people get a little defensive, some members more so than others.

What I mainly didn't appreciate was the spouting of misinformation and getting upset when somebody contradicted you, instead of saying: "Oh, really? I'm sorry my mistake". You held yourself stubbornly until your breaking point, i.e. the post in question when you got upset.

Everybody is always wrong the first time they learn something, it is what makes learning enjoyable (sort of) and necessary. I was also a total newbie before I came to this site, I also got trash-talked by other people about my tank size. I never threw a fit, or stomped my feet, regardless of how bad it was. I read every single word and changed my knowledge as I went through the posts.

People should LEARN and move on from their mistakes, not bury their heads in the ground and refuse both knowledge and criticism.

It's like you, believing that the sky was green your whole life, then getting really upset and stubborn just because a few people tell you it's blue. It is fine to be wary if ONE or TWO people tell you it's blue, but if EVERYBODY is telling you the sky is blue, then I would personally question my beliefs on the colour of the sky.

As for the tank size, technically ANY tank can work (within reason), it is just that we recommend LARGER tank sizes for beginners because it is easier to take care of, and problems/illness can be solved easier and less stress-fully.

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you feel better :D
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #5 
missm83

so sorry for your loss...
we all have our days...we all love you on here!
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #6 
cajunamy
Banned

Props for apologizing and realizing your mistakes :) That takes courage.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

We appreciate your apology, EverythingNice. Like several other people said, we all have our days when we just...snap. We all make mistakes and hopefully, we can learn from them. Tank size is a very touchy subject and everyone has different opinions on it. It's ok to express your opinion but we need to respect each others' opinions, even if we don't agree. I'm sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #8 
TheCrysCat

I agree, everyone has bad days and I know it's hard be contradicted. Next time, just try to keep your cool :)
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #9 
fishy friend2

It's okay sorry for your loss and nobody is perfect we all have those days
fishy friend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #10 
Leeniex

I had one of those days today myself. ;)
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apologise