Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #21 
Ballerinagrl26

What can i do to help with his breathing? He seemed to be doing a little bit better but then i fed him. He did manage to eat a giant blood worm, but the he started freaking out again , like he couldnt breathe...hum.......

Is there anything else i can do to improve his lungs? The only thing in the water right now is AQ salt and conditioner. I threw the bettafix in the trash.

Let me know please
Ballerinagrl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #22 
youlovegnats

Mmm, well there isn't really anything you can do for breathing. If you've lowered the tank water to 4-5 inches that's really all you can do I'm afraid. Is his tank in a high-movement area? Do you move around his tank a lot? You could try covering his tank with a towel to make it dark and calm for him.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #23 
Ballerinagrl26

his tank is sitting on my end table next to my bed. Usually the only traffic is me laying in the bed. I got the light off now and he is laying around. He was doing ok lastnight , but i think that was because there were air bubbles left in the water from when i cleaned it out. but when the water settled thats when he started acting bad again. I just got the air stone to put in there and im hoping that will help.
Ballerinagrl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #24 
youlovegnats

The air stone really done't help bettas. They have an organ to breath oxygen directly from their mouth. Air stones are used to add oxygen to the water for fish who don't have labyrinth organs.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help betta fish, sick betta