Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #1 
thePWNISHER

Are there any breeders with females I can have/buy?

I have a sorority tank ready to go but I only have 5 girls. All the fish look the same at the Petco/Petsmart since they all get the same ones each shipment. I've gone to like 8 different stores all within 30min of me. It has been a pain. I have 2 unique colors and 3 of the red/blue/mix wild type. I just am looking for singles. i have a 29 gallon with 8 guppies in it and it is well planted though I'm waiting for the new CO2 system to kick in so my plants will reach the top all over. They will have a good home I promise :). I just would like some unique colors I'm being very picky about each of them since I dont want a sorority of 8 siblings that all look the same. I can just get any schooling fish that isn't as pretty as the variety that Bettas bring to a tank.

thank you for any responses.
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #2 
animallover4lyfe

I would not recommend guppies with bettas AT ALL. Guppies will be a huge target for the bettas and especially in a sorority you will find the females nipping and chasing each other especially the dominent ones, they wikk definitely go after your guppies
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

Guppies and bettas are ok together. I have never had a betta attack or even pay attention to a guppy. I have also never seen them eat guppy fry. Maybe I'm lucky.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #4 
Ritingyou

I never had a problem either. I had a couple guppies (different ages from adult to fry) in my 10 gallon with 3 females with no issues, they paid no attention to them. Not even the one male guppy since he was smaller than them.
Ritingyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #5 
thePWNISHER

Well the guppies were the freebies and would of been culled stock from a friend. I did not intend to have them. I was cycling my tank when my friend asked if I could re-home some of his, so I did. I figured they would help me switch from fish-less to fish-in cycle. I have heard lots of stories of guppies and females together okay. I know my male would be a different story. If the bettas and guppies do not get along I have another tank I could potentially set up although I'd like to avoid it since I do not have a heater or substrate or a hood for it. So i have a back up plan if it becomes necessary.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #6 
cajunamy
Banned

I have a few females from my blue marble/green marble spawn. But I am not shipping again until next Mon/Tues
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:31 AM   #7 
Dragonlady

I have a few young very nicely patterned marble females from my halfmoon spawns that I don't plan to breed. I might consider rehoming some of them as community sorority tank females for a steal of a deal! These are blue, green, or marble female bettas that have always lived in a group together. PM me if you are interested and are aware of current shipping fees.

Last edited by Dragonlady; 09-28-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #8 
thePWNISHER

Can I see some pictures I already recently ordered some marbled ones.