Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #1 
BlackButterfly

Lightbulb Betta weird, the rare & the friky

Hello everyone. This doesn't quite fall on the breeding cathegory, but I wanted to know. Which would be the rares betta? Which would be a betta that you would see selling and you would just grab and go? I've hear the king betta and the wild betta. Any opinions?

________________>>>>>>
Mom too:
Black & White M CT - Thor
Bluish Fuchsia M CT/VT - Indigo
Greyish M Doble Tail - Odiin
Deep Blue & Pink F VT - Ara~a
Black & Tan F VT - Cosita

Fur Babies:
White Bull Terrier/American Pit Bull Mix F - Chessure
White/Fawn Bull Terrier/American Pit Bull Mix F - Alice
Black Domestic Short Hair Cat M - Demon
Angora Black Cat F - Duchess Demona
Black Polydactyl DSH Cat F - Mona
Ferret Cinnamon Mit M - Grizzly Girr
Ferret Black Sable F - Misha Girl. ------------>>>> ALL LOVED <3
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #2 
trilobite

Depends on what you like. For example, I would try my best to avoid marbles and red fish and basically anything with long fins.
And if I get the choice between a common VT with good form (smooth, thick body) and a dragon hm with really poor topline, scales and overall form I'd pick the VT, even if the HM had better finnage and colour. There are people out there that love their hms or their vts etc. everyone has a colour preference but at the moment the fashion seems to be dragons, so they would be the easiest to sell.

Personally I dont think selling wilds would be very popular to the majority of "betta pet" owners, however, they would be very popular to the "serious" hobbiests, like someone setting up a biotope tank. If you took some to nz and started selling them you would be very rich though haha! we dont have them here.

The rarest betta in my opinion would be a black dragon CTPK with a good amount of webbing reduction. CTPKs are still being created so I dont think there would be one in black dragon yet...making them extra rare when they get round to creating them.
At the end of the day no two people have the same preferences for bettas, the betta world would be very boring if they did. Its almost impossible to choose a type that the majority would like. However the main selling point for me is strong, thick bodies with smooth toplines, they make any colour or tailtype look so much better.
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #3 
BlackButterfly

Interesting! I just like to know peoples opinions and what they like and choices are.
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #4 
Creat

Good HM's are very rare find. Good meaning his tail is even and lines up perfectly with his dorsal and anal with even edges. The more difficult to breed colors are of course rare, clean reds are too. I love myself marbles and HM's though. I dont care how bad the tail or spread looks I have taken in plenty of deltas with uneven tails and they have grown up to be gorgeous smooth edged HM's
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breed, unique