It all started when my wife decided the kids needed a pet. So the likely, low maintenance pet was a fish. Off to the PetSmart they went. Came back with a small half-moon betta in a small 1/4 gallon "betta home". Her reasoning was, the pet store people said it was a low maintenance fish, didn't need anything and change water once a month.
I have enough sense to know that no living creature you care for are "low maintenance", so off to Google I went. Low and behold. After arguing with my wife about the "low maintenance" pet, off to PetSmart I went and came back with:
10G TopFin Delux with filter, heater.
Freeze-Dried Blood worms.
Feeze-Dried brine shrimp
Safe-Start (mind you our betta has been in the 1/4g tank for 3 days now).
Several plants. 3 silk 2 plastic.
I Assembled everything and let everything run for 24 hours before introducing the betta to his new home of 80dg water.
Several questions I have.
* Filter current seems too high? Signs of it being too high? What can I do? The water bottle baffle won't work becuase It may be too sharp.
* Half moon betta does not look anything like half-moon. Tail seems pretty irregular
* Anal fin seems to be in 2 sections. A split around 2/3rd of the way back.
* Too small to eat a whole pellet at a time. Have to cut it in half with a razor
* How much should he eat? Been giving him 4-5 whole pellets a day cut in half
* Where can I get silk plants? PetSmart does not sell them.
thanks in advance.