Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #21 
fishychloe

no chloe seems fine she eats and swims around the affected area still has a white bump but it is smaller the best way to descibe it is like someone blew away the peltals of the dandilion... courtney orignaly seem fine now that she is alone in the ten gallon however as we speak she is sittin on the bottom of the tank doing nothing could she be depressed or do you think she may have somthing wrong with her that isnt displaying physical signs yet?
fishychloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #22 
fishychloe

also courtney does this thing where she curls her body in to a u shape somtime when shes swiming is this normal?
and how should her area look if shes healthy? because i do see some white patches on her gils and under her chin area but i think it may be her pattern
Old 09-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #23 
Sakura8

Does the spot on Chloe look like her eggspot?

Do you see the white spot on the betta in the picture? That spot is the ovipositor, or eggspot. It's perfectly normal. If this is what Chloe's spot looks like, then she's not sick at all. But if the spot is a lot bigger than this, then she still may be ill.

When Courtney swims and her body is in the U-shape, does it stay like that for a long time? A lot of bettas do something we like to call a "wiggle" dance, where they bend their bodies back and forth really fast. They do this a lot to gain attention or to ask for food. What color is Courtney? Many darker colored bettas have silvery patches on their gill covers and this is normal but if Courtney's patches look very white and perhaps fuzzy, then that is abnormal.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #24 
fishychloe

that is exacaly where the spot is located on chloe, when it looked like a dandilion it was much bigger but after she bled out it got a little smaller but its still bigger the it should be.... courtney doesnt curl her body for a long and she only does it when im at the glass so i think it may that she asking for food. also she is a dark red with on her dorsle fin and i look at her again and the spots do look silver and there noy fluzzy so i think shes fine!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #25 
Sakura8

Sounds like Chloe may still have something wrong with that area. It's unusual for them to bleed from their eggspot. Continue to keep her in her own tank with clean water and watch to see how she behaves. If she gets lethargic or stops eating, definitely post back.

Also, really glad to hear that Courtney is doing fine. :)
Old 09-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #26 
fishychloe

ok i definatly will thank you so much your a life saver... i see that you have ten cats wow thats alot of litter lol anyway i have one female cat who is fixed and about a year old.. she just started doing this thing where she poops in the tub any idea why she does this or why every time i give her the toy ball i bought her it ends up in her water ball and then the die turns her water pink why do she do this????

Last edited by fishychloe; 09-30-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #27 
LittleBettaFish

Sorry to hear about the loss of your fish. Hopefully medication and time will help those remaining. It's hard when you get more than one fish needing treatment, particularly in your case when the symptoms have been so varied.

I have cats so maybe I can help answer your questions since Sakura has you covered on the fish front.

If a cat that normally uses its litter tray suddenly doesn't, my first course of action would be to take it to the vet. There are health problems that can cause it (such as a bowel infection) so it's important to cover all your bases in that regard.

Dirty litter, too small litter tray and having the litter tray in an inappropriate location such as a high traffic area, are all reasons your cat might be finding somewhere else to do her business.

However, I've found our cats even when they aren't sick will sometimes use the bath as their personal litter tray. I don't know if it's the smell or texture, but it seems that was their other preferred spot if there was some problem with the litter tray.

Does your cat fetch her toys and carry them in her mouth? One of our male does, so they always end up in places like his food bowl and litter tray. However, maybe she just has been hitting it in there and not been able to get it back out.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #28 
fishychloe

yea either that or she thinks she hiding from me cause i take it from her at night because if i dont i wont get any sleep!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #29 
Sakura8

One of my big male cats always drowns his toys in his water bowl. He'll carry them across the room, drop them in and just sit and stare. I think it's a cat thing.

And another of my males uses the litter box but he has spatial issues. He is under the impression that if his front paws are in the box, his back end must be too. He routinely misses the box that way. >.< We've resorted to placing piddle pads around the boxes to catch the "overflow."

Your kitty is very adorable, fishychloe.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #30 
fishychloe

thank you sukura8 your cat mo maybe the cutest kiddy i ever saw