Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #11 
Silverfang

Sorry for the confusion, just commenting on how much your girl looks like mine!

Sorry about the little girl who isn't feeling so well, hope you can get her feeling better.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #12 
Bambi

I adore the marble(hope she pulls through) and the purple copper. ~is also stalking~
I have a 20long i plan to make a sorority tank full of Aquabid girls and/or girls bought on here and another betta forum i'm on.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #13 
Tisia

I saw them in person a little while ago, they are some big girls, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #14 
betta lover1507

I JUST LOVE ALL OF THEM >.< I wish i could get a betta from aqua bid, to expensive for me D= i already fell in love a betta there to it is killing me
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #15 
GreenTea

The marble girl died while I was gone :'(
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #16 
PitGurl

I'm sorry . Sometimes shipping is just really tough on them. I hope the rest do ok. They are all beautiful.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #17 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post

AH no :/ Im sorry :( (she was my favorite out of the bunch you got, i now have a big soft spot for marbled coloring since i've had Monet)
Hopefully the rest pull through and do better!
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #18 
Smokey65662

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysalouise View Post
AH no :/ Im sorry :( (she was my favorite out of the bunch you got, i now have a big soft spot for marbled coloring since i've had Monet)
Hopefully the rest pull through and do better!
I saw your snake. Its really pretty :) I know this is random but ive always wanted a snake....I just know I would never be able to feed it a mouse or gerbil....I like all animals too much (except f*** spiders....ugh I HATE spiders lol)
Smokey65662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #19 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
>_< poor thing
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #20 
GreenTea

Sorry for the delay, here are updates.

DAY 2

First I fed everyone about 4 pellets in their cups. A pointer given to me when looking up sorority information was that slightly overfed girls are happy girls!

I released the Blue Dragon first, followed by the B&R Dragon, Yellow, and then Purple Copper Marble marble girl. While very aggressive in her cup, the large yellow girl is easily the most relaxed in the tank. She ignores everyone for the most part, or swims along in peace. Proving themselves the day before to be feisty, the Orange Dragon and Orange Copper girl remain in their cups while I let the less aggressive girls reestablish rank. This is done quickly with the Blue girl swimming for her life. The Purple Marble only seems to flare if someone comes near her.

I let out the Orange Copper first, and she begins relentlessly chasing everyone she sees. I thought this was interesting because she is the smallest of the fish. (She does have the biggest fins to body size though) I quickly release the Orange Dragon so that she may put a stop to that. The Orange Dragon is definitely the alpha female here, but isn't a jerk like the Orange Copper girl can be. The Copper is now too busy swimming and looking for a hiding spot to harass the others.

They do the usual chasing and hiding with nothing too aggressive. With my boyfriend home to check on them every once in awhile, I am satisfied with how things are looking and decide to leave them all in the tank for the day while I am going to the places I work and class.

I come home to check on them at about 9:30 at night. Everyone looks pretty good. There had been no fin nipping or anything yet, so I wasn't surprised when 3 girls each had a tear in their caudal fin. I couldn't tell if it was torn from flaring or if they had been nipped. Regardless, I decided to cup the two aggressive orange females for the night and leave everyone else in the tank for their first sleepover...! I am hoping they all continue to get along and behave into day 3.

And here's my favorite photo from Day 2 :)

GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote