Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #11 
doggyhog

Otos actually stay very small. Under two inches generally. They tend to be great fish but they are very very sensitive to water quality. IMO Two or three otos would be fine in a 10g divided. I wouldn't put them in both sections though because they have a high bio load and poop a lot. :P That way if one of your fish doesn't get along with them you can just move them to the other section. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #12 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Otos actually stay very small. Under two inches generally. They tend to be great fish but they are very very sensitive to water quality. IMO Two or three otos would be fine in a 10g divided. I wouldn't put them in both sections though because they have a high bio load and poop a lot. :P That way if one of your fish doesn't get along with them you can just move them to the other section. :)
^Agreed :) Very clever plan doggyhog.
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #13 
tsukiowns

Yeah thetas what i dobt wabt i mean they Will be separated and will not contat each other because if the divided tank one in one side and the other in the other but I really don't want an infestation.... That is one of my greatest fears I think I will get shrimp 2-3 and put them in the tank and pray that my beta don't eAt them
tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #14 
fightergirl2710

If your tank is divided, they're sharing the same water on both sides so what you put in one side will affect the other as well. That is why it is best to quarantine fish when you buy them before putting them in their permanent home. So putting otos on one side and moving to the other doesn't matter that much.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #15 
tsukiowns

I was talking about the snail not contacting each other so they might not reproduce... Right??? Or will they.... If I buy two types like a mystery and a nerite they won't reproduce either right???
Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #16 
fightergirl2710

Most snails can reproduce without a partner. I don't think mystery snails can reproduce without a partner though, and nerites reproduce only in brackish water and they won't reproduce with each other. So you're safe.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #17 
tsukiowns

Awsome so I will get some nerite they are nice if not the Otto plan posted earlier sounds good
Old 09-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #18 
fightergirl2710

Awesome! Keep us posted. :)
Old 09-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #19 
Sena Hansler

Apple snails and nerites both rarely breed. I've never met someone who was over-run by either :p For ones like ramshorn, I had that problem. They made more poop than anything, they were an eye sore... so stick to the nerites, trumpets, apples... apple snails grow slowly. YES they can get big, fightergirl :p not denying that lol!! but that takes quite a while. Usually you can come across baby ones, who are just little fellas. If you don't want ones breeding, usually avoid pond or ramshorn :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #20 
fightergirl2710

Actually Sena, they get pretty big, fast. They can to 2 times their size in a matter of months. :/