Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
He's a little clamped. Not bad though. I don't think he needs any salt unless you start seeing red edges to his fins.

What's the temp of the tank? Temp shock (going from warmer to cooler water or vice verse) is probably the most common cause of unusual lethargic behavior. It sounds to me like the water he was in (in the holding tank) was not the same temp of the regular tank and that just freaked him out a bit. He should have bounced back within an hour though.

Some fish are just what I call "spooky"... it's a term used a lot with horses. Basically they can freak out at the tiniest thing and act like they're dying... little divas. You can try to reduce his stress by not taking him out of the tank to clean it if that's possible, if the tank is smaller then by all means keep doing 100% changes, just try to make the new water the same temp as the old water.

But.. I don't think the salt was the issue, I think it's just a case of a spooky fish.

He's a pretty little guy. I love blues.
Haha divas... yeah my Dusk was the same as that. Just a little diva... if he could have whined, he probably would never stop lol.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote