Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #1 
Anitax3x

New set up :D

So I changed my substrate to sand. WHY DIDNT I DO THIS BEFORE? IDK lol I love love LOVE the sand, Just changed the 20 gal community and my 2.5 gal girl's tank. Tomorrow I'm changing the 3 way divided. YAY. Here Is what I have so far, mind you in the 20 mins it took me to change my female's tank, she striped due to stress bc she's neurotic. SIGH, OH WELL lol oh and I have a mini under sand heater so no worries guys! Enjoy BTW my second picture is hard to see the black sand well because it's black lol oh and sorry that my first one came out sideways !
Attached Images

Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:47 AM   #2 
Namazzi

oooh. Very pretty. I love how the sand looks! I might have to do that with mine =3
Namazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:20 AM   #3 
Tikibirds

Pretty.

I like sand better then gravel. I used it in my 20 gallon, a grey color. But 1 bag wasnt enough so the very end of it has black gravel.

I also used blue sand in my 3 way 10 gallon.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #4 
Anitax3x

I was thinking about using grey and blue lol how funny! I got mine at petco and the 20 lb bag was perfect for my 20 gal. my petco had the 20 lb bag for 17 so i got that and then 3 5 lb bags for like 5 each bc I wouldnt use them all up no point in buying another big bag. And Thanks Guys the tanks look so much better now!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #5 
missm83

i love the colors!!! very pretty!!!
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #6 
Anitax3x

Thanks :) I changed the 2.5 a bit I put black stones and green plants to go with the lil red arch. I'll post Pics :) oh and I finished my 10 gal divided so I will be posting pics of that too !
Old 09-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #7 
Larsa

what sand brand of sand are you using and where did you get it? 0.0 I love that asian decoration!!! I was gonna buy the same one yesterday but my smart self dropped it and broke it in the store -_-
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #8 
Anitax3x

I used the sand they sell at petco. It's like $17 for a 20 lb bag. Which was perfect for my 20 gal :) the lil 5 lb bags are 4.99 I believe and i found it all at petco :). I love petco for their sand it's cheaper than petsmart by like almost $10. But if I were getting plants hidey holes, or tanks/filters I'd go to walmart or petsmart. Way cheaper. And the fish at my petco are like AB fish. Ugh SO BEAUTIFUL! I'm tempted to get another 10 gal and divide it 4 ways lol
Old 10-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #9 
Anitax3x

Ok so I changed up my female's set up, did black stones, white sand the red arch and one green fake plant along with bamboo shoots and her lil floating log. I did my 10 gal divided, My boys LOVE it! All of my betta's tend to go around the bottom more , my guess is bc its soft sand. The Boys Sinbad, Triton and Leonitis are getting along GREAT in my 10 gal. Leonitis my red DT male flared at every plant and his lil sunken ship when he first got in lol . My other two males seldom flare at all , Sinbad just makes HUGE bubble nests lol. I love these 3! And even my Blue/Green CT male Caspian likes to go along the bottom of my 20 gal more now that I have sand substrate. Its funny really. Welp Here Are My pictures OH and I added two live plants I had in qt to my 20 gal. I forgot what the are called. lol WOOPS but I know from when I bought them Someone on another thread told me what to pick while I was at the store I think one is anubias and another is I forgot. But yeah FEAR NOT I asked someone before I bought them lol It just was a while ago so, I forgot lol wooops! oh and another side note, my filter broke today for the 20 gal, so I went to walmart and got another one, so pardon the cloudy 20 gal water. It's much better than this now .
Attached Images