Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2011, 04:44 AM   #1 
Tikibirds

Talking King Bumi and Kyoshi

So we took the dog to petco for his daily "shoppylifting" trip and I planned on getting a girl and ONLY a girl.

Their bettas were all pathetic looking with clamped fins various other issues.

I finally found a teeny tiny white VT female so I got her. Within 20 minutes of putting her in clean water, she turned a deep royal blue . She is currently in a 1 gallon but will go into the 20 gallon eventually. She is barely an inch, maybe a little bigger and since some of the other ladies i have a huge, Im not sure if i should wait to add her or not. I dont know how old she is but i really dont think she is an adult. The 20 gallon has a heater the 1 gallon does not and it is getting below freezing here now.

And then I saw this big guy swimming so hard, but he was swimming on his side. I picked him up, looked him over and put him back. Then I was thinking he was trying so hard to swim, so I went back and got him. I put him in epsom salt and like 2 hours later he was swimming just fine . I checked on this morning and he had this huge bubble nest going...

Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:50 AM   #2 
Larsa

AWWWWWWWES!!!!! I LOVE Kyoshi!!!! Love that name... 0.o she looks related to my betta, Kasumi. She was probably white because of stress, I have a black betta who is an omega in a sorority and she turns white sometimes when the alpha comes near her.

Bumiwhat a perfect name ;) 0.0 is that poop in his picture!? LOLz Bubble nests are good sign of health ;) Good luck with them and love the japanese names!!!! ^-^

Idk if you should add her in quite yet. I made a sorority of 5 and a few months later -last week- I HAD to get this cambodian female. I floated her in a cup for a few days that is in the sorority tank and one day it tipped over and she swam out. None of the girls hurt or bothered her! No chasing, nips, or flares. My girls are pretty good sized and the new girl is TINY as shes 4 months old =3 just a wee baby! I guess it depends if your other girls are aggressive or not.

0_0 Is that....a dog disguised as Raikou... on your avatar!? Are you a pokemon fan too!? =3

Last edited by Larsa; 09-30-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #3 
Ajones108

Loving the Avatar: The Last Airbender names. :) Just saying.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #4 
aquaman17

i really like the first photo girl, do you know what kind she is?
aquaman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #5 
Tikibirds

Quote:
is that poop in his picture!
LOL, no its some peices of black gravel.
One year I had my dog shaved and dyed as Growlith, since he is white, its easy to do I still am a pokemon fan, even though I was like 19 when it first came to the USA, not a big fan of the trading card game but I love the series and video games. I just wish they didnt change the voices :(

She was labeled as a VT. I was thinking of naming her suki but i think that name would go better for a green girl so I went with Kyoshi. I had one named katara but she managed to jump out of a tank with a lid on it...

Last edited by Tikibirds; 10-01-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #6 
Larsa

oooh LOL i see the growlithe now :P I just so happened to notice the yellow and black stripes so I thought it was supposed to be a raikou ^-^ I am a major pokemon fan :P

I think that kyoshi is a crowntail. If you look carefully at her caudal fin you can sorta see double rays but they are small :) Ppsshh they always mislabel them! Sometimes other customers switch lids to save money cuz VTs are cheaper but forget about them :/

Last edited by Larsa; 10-05-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote