Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #1 
iamjaxraah

Red face follow-up

I discovered that the molly in my tank was nipping viciously at Chevy's fins and the second I saw this I removed the molly from the tank. Chevy is now being treated for what I call "battle scars". He looks a bit better and I pray he gets better.
iamjaxraah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #2 
tf1265

Good catch! What else is in your tank? Was it just the betta and a molly, or are there other fish? What size? How are you treating his battle scars?

Not sure if you're looking for any tips or help so I don't want to impose.
tf1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #3 
iamjaxraah

He is in there with 3 guppies, one of which has been living in the tank since waaaaay before Chevy was added. it's a 5 gallon tank and the Molly has been removed.. I forget if I already said that. He is floating in the tank in a cup of water with aquarium salt and he is now really active today as opposed to really lazy yesterday. I will be treating him with stress coat once I get to the store to acquire some. And if you have any tips, please let me know! All help is better than not knowing haha :]
Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #4 
tf1265

Aquarium salt is a good choice, it will prevent any infections from setting in to has battle scars. Isolation is also good, it calms bettas down. Sometimes guppies and bettas don't get along too well, guppies can be fin nippers so just keep an eye out for that as well, and make sure you have a lot of plants and hiding places! Sounds like you've got it under control though!
tf1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #5 
iamjaxraah

yup, today I changed the water and not only does the tank look much better but so does Chevy. He's swimming around more and exploring all the time. Him and the guppies seem to be getting along very well, and I'm keeping a close eye on them. He also has Squidward's house and Spongebob's house to hide in just in case :B
and thanks again for your advice, I really appreciate it :]