Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #1 
Okami

Natural or Castke?

Im setting up a 5 gallon Southeast Asian Blackwater biotope for my Betta. He has had this little castle when he was in a jar and I dont know if i should take it away or not.

Any one think it would take away from the "Natural habitat" effect?
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #2 
BettaGirl290

Well uhh....... natural or fake, your betta will feel at home.
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #3 
Laki

Pictures?? I like the natural pond-ish look myself which means no human looking decorations. His cave is a small clay pot though.. But the air tube and heater are concealed to keep my look to it. It's really up to you :) I'd love to see pics!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #4 
Okami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Pictures?? I like the natural pond-ish look myself which means no human looking decorations. His cave is a small clay pot though.. But the air tube and heater are concealed to keep my look to it. It's really up to you :) I'd love to see pics!
Ide be happy to get some pictures! Just have to empty out my memory card lol. Keep in mind when you see my poor betta he just recovered from Velvet and Finrot
Old 10-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #5 
Laki

Absolutely. My fish is growing his tail back from nipping. It's all in experience and good motives. I used to keep him in a cold, bare, pristine water 1 gal. Thus far I am really loving the Indian Almond leaves :D
Old 10-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #6 
Okami

I need to get myself some of those leaves. I read it works wonders to promote the health of the bettas.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #7 
Laki

Absolutely. Plus they look awesome (in a blackwater sort of way) and males like to build bubble nests on them. I use mine for inhibiting the bubbles from spreading across the top of the water. I need to do a 100% change tonight so I might move one to the bottom for him and the moss balls :)
Old 10-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #8 
Okami

I defineitely need to get some then. Ill post some pics latter this evening of the start of his Biotope. I didnt add any plants or clay substrate yet since he just recovered from Velvet wanted to make sure he was no longer contagious.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #9 
Laki

I can't wait to see it!! I think tomorrow I'm gonna pick up sand and work from there. Maybe you can share your experience and pointers for someone like me :)
Old 10-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #10 
Treena

I love unnatural tanks, with skulls, and caves, and bright pebbles. It makes it more eye-catching, and I've always found that it makes the tank look more playful. I can't wait for pictures!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote