Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #11 
Pataflafla

I do not recommend the second tank Tisia recommended. It's a pain to do water changes on and is very unstable. I have a betta in it right now and I hate that tank.

all the other tanks seem to be really nice and I have never experienced them, but they looks to be easier.

I know your wife doesn't want rectangular, but I've found this tank to be convenient size and somewhat cute: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...-Pets/10291810
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #12 
Tisia

yeah, figure out what kind of deco she'd like (if you don't already know) and point out how much more of it she'd be able to put into a bigger tank. you'd probably only be able to put like 1 little plant into a vase which is rather boring I think
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #13 
betaguy

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr

this one she would probably like if she is sold on they need smalll tanks.
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #14 
Luimeril

if she don't want rectangular, i suggest this tank:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr

i have the 3 gallon version, and while i don't like it too much, your wife might. the colored led lights might seal the deal(i had an HMPK in it when i first got it, and he LOVED the red and gold lights. :3)
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #15 
vaygirl

Ah marriage. :P I think your idea of showing her a lit and planted tank is a good one. Once someone sees how pretty they are under lighting, they'll want that. Or at least I do. A vase just isn't the same. Go for the wow factor, she'll want it. If you can get her to view a video, here's one of my planted 5 gallons with my betta, Logan. It's very relaxing. :) Good luck!
http://www.youtube.com/user/vaygirl?.../7/gvt3ydPj0XA
This is Walmart's 5 gallon Hawkeye.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #16 
gwenny

I'd recommend the PETCO Hex 2 gallon tank! It comes with a filter (it can be baffled if it's too strong for the betta) and it has enough room in the top for a heater wire to come out. It has bright LEDs for day and night modes too! Also...it's a unique shape for her desk =]

http://www.petco.com/product/113933/...t=OnSiteSearch

Sorry if I sound too enthusiastic xD I love this tank and I have a feeling many others in this forum do too
gwenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #17 
Bresn

Just go tell her the fish will die,the fish like big tank or just show her THE WEBSITE!!
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #18 
LadyPantherpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
yeah, figure out what kind of deco she'd like (if you don't already know) and point out how much more of it she'd be able to put into a bigger tank. you'd probably only be able to put like 1 little plant into a vase which is rather boring I think
I agree with this! If there's anything I've learned about bettas it's that they're addictive. I'm sure she'll realize before long that she will want to put more in the tank (be it plants or decor or fish) but it'll be impossible with such a tiny tank. (I've got my guy in a 2g right now and I already can't wait to upgrade).
LadyPantherpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #19 
hotrodjimmy

It was mentioned in another thread, but they have 2 gallon giant, thick, cookie jars with a lid at Wal-Mart. I got one for like 10 bucks to hold one of our bettas over now.

It's cheap, easy, round, durable, and when she comes to her senses and wants to upgrade to a bigger tank, you have a cookie jar/flour holder. So it's win-win.

edit: Obviously we all know not to put the lid on lol.
hotrodjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #20 
CrowntailTwitchy57

um, i don't know if this will upset anyone, i just want to say, i see no issues with keeping a betta in a LARGE vase, as long as it's clean, you feed it, and it has someplace for him to hise and is planted and stuff. i just see no issues.
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote