Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

My sorority :)

So, I had initially found Madame, my pretty (big) lady. Black with metallic green... I snatched her up the day she was shipped in!! lol. Then I decided to get two little girls, sisters. They were just in icky never cleaned bowls, and so I had them in my 20 gallon, with Madame. There was some nipping, and chasing, but after they got along. Marge and Tina, with Madame :) a month later, the same 2 females in the store were still there in again... never cleaned bowls. I got them both, and added them.

What I love, is when I got Marge and Tina they were terribly small, and a week after I got them they started showing their colors, and plus they doubled in size!!!! When I got the next two, Zebra and Rose, Zebra tripled in size (bigger than Marge now!!), but poor little Rose remained small. Now, Rose is often bullied, which is why soon Madame will be moved to a divided 10 gallon with Spartan. That way my littler gals will be better off and... not bullied... I'll upload pictures soon :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

These are the befores. And today I'll take the pictures of the "nows" :)
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

Talking

BTW excuse the mess in the older photos lol that was when I got the girls (the two lying on the bare bottom)

Anyways these are the newer pictures. By the way, it is so hard to get pictures of them they swim too fast and don't stay still longer than a second or two!!! It was hard trying to capture their colors too, but as you can tell three of four are definitely more visible than the other gal

Pictures in order:
1. Marge and Tina. Marge was being pestered by Madame (attention hog) hence her stripes reappeared...

2. This is Rose. She is the smallest, but slowly catching up. Her body is often lighter (once it went a nice white!) and her fins are pinkish-red with black outline. She will be a beauty! And no she is not a DT, her fin was wrecked by yes, Madame, the attention hog

3. and 4. Tina. Marge's little sister. Her fins change in the light. She and Marge are going blue... Will be interesting in a couple months!

5. The hardest lady to catch on camera... Zebra. She lives up to her name. I got her with Rose, after Marge and Tina. She was small, like Rose, but a week after I got her she was bigger than Marge!

6. This is Zebra again. She actually no longer shows her stripes, ever. She has "matured" fastest. Her fins are usually black.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #4 
Luimeril

such cute little girlies. what's your set-up like? could you post a pic of the full tank? *loves seeing pics of other people's tanks* .3.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Thanks!!! I sure will soon :) I'm readding some things to it... I won't be putting back their old hiding spot since now I worry they'll get stuck! lol It's a nice shell, and they used to use it to hide. But now they are bigger... lol
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #6 
metalbetta

Cute girls! How long have they been together?

They kind of remind me of a couple of my girls when I brought them home for the first time. Hopefully if everything goes according to plan in your tank they can end up looking like this:

Forgive all the fin nips, this was shortly after I introduced a new female, and they all had to re-establish their pecking order. Funny how they can fight like that, and then be happy enough and stress free for feeding time less than a day later... lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #7 
Luimeril

i have a weakness for girls(the fact that my first online pair was a pair of girls should show that). i wish i could put mine in a sorority, but they're all so different. different ages, and they didn't grow up together at all(Lulu's about..... two, Chappy's one, Spy and Heavy are only a few months....). i've always been told that sororities need LOTS of caves, not just one, and lots and lots of plants of different sizes. that's another thing that scares me. i only have two caves, but i DO have enough plants of different sizes....
Old 10-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #8 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
Cute girls! How long have they been together?

They kind of remind me of a couple of my girls when I brought them home for the first time. Hopefully if everything goes according to plan in your tank they can end up looking like this:

Forgive all the fin nips, this was shortly after I introduced a new female, and they all had to re-establish their pecking order. Funny how they can fight like that, and then be happy enough and stress free for feeding time less than a day later... lol
sorry for the DP, but OMGSOCUTE! <3 they all look so happy and like a rainbow~
Old 10-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Metalbetta... they are so pretty!!! And yeah I hope they get prettier :) it would be cool!!! plus I swear I will have two purple bettas!!!!!! =D If so I would be so happy.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #10 
metalbetta

I just wish they wouldn't have mauled each other before they posed for the camera. lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote