Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

At least you got them together!!! lol Madame wanted to be in the pictures, but I didn't want her picture I wanted everyone elses LOL. she getting chasing everyone off and butting in... Then Rose was always in the way and it took a good time to catch Zebra :p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:07 AM   #12 
Gloria

Your girls are beautiful.. Good to hear you rescued them for the bad conditions they were in :D
I got 2 girls that were in a sorority tank in the pet shop and set up my own little own here at home.. One I took out and put in my breeding tank to breed, when I put her bad in they started bashing each other... no idea why... My breeding girl swims on top of IAL (and gets stuck).. The one I didn't breed makes bubblenest... I got some weird girls..
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #13 
Tikibirds

Quote:
i wish i could put mine in a sorority, but they're all so different. different ages, and they didn't grow up together at all(
Does the age thing make a difference? All of my girls are different and for the most part, get along fine. I am not sure of their ages but one girl is HUGE - about as big as petco's king bettas and the smallest is maybe an inch or an inch and a half. She is real tiny.

pretty girls
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #14 
Luimeril

i'm not sure if age matters, but my worry is, Lulu and Chappy have been alone ever since i got them. i'm sure THAT matters...
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #15 
metalbetta

Age has never mattered with the groups I've had. Neither has size. You just have to know what you're doing.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

Different spawns mattered with mine LOL. I got four girls, definite sisters. I got two first, then a month later got the other two. After some fin nipping they were fine. My used-to-be-gentle-giant-now-snail-killer female Madame is triple anyone's size, and is such a b......ig meanie >.> I got pictures though of the tank!
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #17 
Tikibirds

Pretty tank but you might want to add more stuff to it, like some taller plants and some more hiding spots to break up their line of sight (in case they get chased). I have slowly been adding more stuff to mine since I upgraded to the 20 gallon. I need more tall plants
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #18 
Sena Hansler

Well, I had everything rearranged. And would ya know it made things better for the girlies!!!! Seems a lot more calm in there. I notice ONLY Madame is the instigator/attacker. D: Soon I'll be moving her... so she can be by herself. I want to add more girls, and will be easier with my other females but she'll rip them apart ;(

I'll look into tall plants... I'll have some floating plants back in there probably. Eventually, once I find my balloon mollies (4) a new home, I'll research planting my tanks... All of them :) tall plants and all!!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #19 
youlovegnats

Sena- There def. aren't enough plants for those females. That's why they're such ugly grey/browns.
Try adding more plants, that might brighten your females up! :)
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #20 
Sena Hansler

Actually, the smaller gals have their stripes again :/ because of Madame... I noticed when she is not in there they are more vibrant! So I'm thinking of removing her pretty soon here lol. My Rose, usually is white with the red/pink fins outlined with black. Once Madame was there yeah she went the "ugly brown" color >< So I'm thinking it's just Madame Snail-Killer. >.> lol. Everyone else gets along. It's actually cute! Rose was bugging her sister Zebra, Zebra flared, and Rose was doing a "little sister" move by inching towards her xDD No fin nipping, nothing, just a comical thing like we would with oour siblings... just to annoy them!!! =D

But yes, I'll be adding more plants lol. When I can get some more :p maybe some potted tall plants.