Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 03:34 AM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Augh Aden's tailbiting. :/

Just wonderful. I come home from work, peek in my tank at my favorite little VT.... and the back of his tail is in SHREDS. It was fine this morning. Now the first quarter of it is all icky... the webbing between the rays is missing, and a few of the rays, too. I've never had a tailbiter before. I'm hoping it'll be an isolated incident... he's my favorite because he's such amazing colors (purple and orange) and I'd be so sad to see him ruin his good looks.

Tomorrow I'm going out shopping for him-- I wanna set up his tank to grow plants better, get one of those floating betta logs, and maybe even some ghost shimp and sand for the tank.... (never done sand before but it's so pretty, and I was thinking if I did gravel with sand over it the plants could still grow...)

I hope maybe some changes will cheer him up a bit and encourage him not to do it. lol :C
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #2 
metalbetta

It sucks!
I've had males who chronically bite, and then those who occasionally bite. Their tails never grow back the same, either! Grr! That's why I'm seriously considering switching to plakats and females once my grumpy old long finned boys pass on. At least THEY can't reach their tails. lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote