Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #1 
Silverfang

Injured girl

I fed the girls in the sorority today, and was quite concerned, I couldn't find one. After stepping back I saw an odd shape on the betta log. One of the girls had breached herself. I poked the log down and she twitched about, I was fearing the worst. I scooped her out of the big tank and put her in a small QT tank with some extra stress coat and draped a cloth over her. It's got a small heater, and I didn't add any AQ salt in, she's breathing so hard and it looks like she's trying to breach herself again.

Temp unknown, should get to 75-80 when the heater warms it up. In about a half gal of water, Stress coat. Will do daily changes. I offered her a piece of frozen blood worm but it's not even registering. Will be doing daily changes, and just hope she can go back in with the girls. If she lasts through the day I'll add a bit of AQ salt, probably start light at about 1 tsp gal.

Don't know if there is anything else I can/should do. No tannins, but I did cover her tank. IF nothing else please send fishy healing vibes.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #2 
Silverfang

It's not looking good, she's laying on the bottom, stiff, her gills are reddish/pink. She kept trying to breach herself on the heater so I had to lower it under water.

She'll twitch and spasm and go to the surface, and then sink like a rock. I feel so bad for her.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #3 
Pataflafla

I don't know what could be wrong with her, but I hope she pulls through and kicks whatever she has's butt.

Could she maybe have something wrong with her gills? Like a fungus maybe?
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #4 
Silverfang

I'm afraid she didn't make it, she didn't want to stay in the water, her gills were a pinkish-purple. When I look back I remember when I Was getting them she was "Slicked" back or clampy a bit when I got her. Just thought she didn't like being removed from her first home. I hope she rests in peace.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #5 
Pataflafla

I'm sorry. you did the best you could with such short notice.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote