Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #1 
alysalouise

Jumping bettas :)

So somewhere on here i read about someones bettas jump for their food, so it so happened to cross my mind during feeding time, so i pinched a pellet between my fingures about one my my bettas, and sure enough he jumped for it lol, and so did one of my females, haha, so funny, but i didnt do it to high off the water, not even an inch
lol they all have so much personality :)
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #2 
UrbanHavok

LOL they sure do...I have a divider in my tank and one of my bettas (Spike Lee) actually jumped over to get on the other side. Fortunately I was in the room when it happened. But they're ability to do stuff like that is awesome.
UrbanHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #3 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanHavok View Post
LOL they sure do...I have a divider in my tank and one of my bettas (Spike Lee) actually jumped over to get on the other side. Fortunately I was in the room when it happened. But they're ability to do stuff like that is awesome.

Lol ya i have that problem all the time haha
My girls are the real jumpers, when my boys are in their divided tank i dont have that problem at all
But boy are my girls fisety lol
Old 09-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #4 
UrbanHavok

Yeah when that happens it means there's too much water in the tank =/ It's a work in progress, but I'm lovin it.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #5 
TonyK

I just had one jump out of the tank on me. It was a stupid mistake on my part for filling the tank to high.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #6 
alysalouise

well my water isnt filled up that high, and the divider in some parts touches the light cover, its the fact that the one spot that has the tiniest bit of a gap, i have the resting leaf there, so she will get up on that and just shimmy her way up the divider over to the other side
Old 09-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #7 
UrbanHavok

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysalouise View Post
well my water isnt filled up that high, and the divider in some parts touches the light cover, its the fact that the one spot that has the tiniest bit of a gap, i have the resting leaf there, so she will get up on that and just shimmy her way up the divider over to the other side

lol She's a genius lol
Old 09-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #8 
alysalouise

Quote:
lol She's a genius lol

Your telling me, i've watched her do it, and right as she got to the top i would bump the divider to make her fall back into her side lol
But everyone is in QT jars right now as i've had a MASS Ick break out between all 3 of my VT females, and 4 of my males (one passed away :/ i think it was to much for him to handle, he was on the older side) All because i was gone for like a day and a half so they got stressed
Such high mantince fish lol
But the smart female who is quite the jumper has recovered from the ick, but we've now hit a few other problems, the other 2 are perfectly healthy again though, and eating like pigs, and she isnt eating at all.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #9 
UrbanHavok

=( aww sorry to hear I hope she recovers fully. I had to go away for a few days and left them in the care of my parents. =/ Now they both have fin rot. They are both eating like pigs and swimming around. One of them is not flaring very much although he used to a lot (but I think he's just the mellow type).
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #10 
alysalouise

Quote:
=( aww sorry to hear I hope she recovers fully. I had to go away for a few days and left them in the care of my parents. =/ Now they both have fin rot. They are both eating like pigs and swimming around. One of them is not flaring very much although he used to a lot (but I think he's just the mellow type).
Ya, i was just plannin on being at my dads house for the day to babysit, and i had told him earlier in the day i have 2 sick rescues that i have to do 100% DAILY water changes on, but he told me no he isnt taking me home till the next day, I was so mad and knew something was going to go wrong and sure enough 7 bettas got ick, 3 endlers got ick, didnt get better and died(oddly enough the ick didnt even attack my 2 adult dwarf livebearers and their 5 babies that were also with the endlers) and so on top of the 2 that were in QT, i now have EVERYONE in QT (12 bettas) to make sure that the tanks no longer have anything, and make sure everyone is healthy again before beig put back together (divided tanks, not like TOGETHER together lol)

Edit:
My mom cant even simply push the button to turn on the light for my tanks, so i dont have anyone to care for them if im not home for the night, i usually throw a small piece of allgery wafer in with everyone for food

Last edited by alysalouise; 09-29-2011 at 07:07 PM.