Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Mercury the second.

So I go to visit my aunt, right? She's moved in a city about an hour and a half away. I need to pick up some things for my tank and a collar for my kitty... well. I guess since you're reading this here you know how this ends, eh? xD

Sand turned out to be EXPENSIVE. So I just went to browse for ghost shrimp. None of those. Lots of great fish in great condition though... then I found the bettas.

I've never seen such amazing looking fish in a store. There was a red salamander HMPK with fins that were just gorgeous. He was so huge and active. There were maybe six fish in total and they all looked pretty good, except one white and bluish HM marble who had a touch of finrot going on... and my boy. He's just slightly bloated, and I think he's got a mild case of popeye, but he was still so lovely and active. I had a crowntail of the same coloration... whom accidentally got so many frozen bloodworms he ate himself to death after only a week with me. So...

Mercury the second here. Or just Merc. I bought him a 2.5 gal little aquarium with a heater and a nice glass hood. I also got black sand for his tank, so he's floating in the main one while his sand settles. it's an ugly mess right now. :P
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #2 
betta lover1507

wow he is very pretty, how do you use sand i always wanted to use sand
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #3 
elijahfeathers

Honestly? I'm not sure. The package said to just put it into the tank dry then fill the tank with water, so I did. I plan to let it settle, and then preform 2-3 75% WCs, then add my decor and my fish.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #4 
elijahfeathers

Took forever but his sand has finally stopped floating everywhere. Some bubbles still... hopefully later on this evening I can add him.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:22 AM   #5 
elijahfeathers

Popped him in. He kept flailing into the cave while glass surfing so I removed it. :/
Old 10-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #6 
Creat

I love sand however it takes to bloody long to rinse out :( It took 2 weeks for it to completely settle in my 25 gal and he is gorgeous :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #7 
elijahfeathers

My package said not to rinse it at all, and since I've never had sad. 8\

I just took to it once i filled it and agitated it a lot with some water in a turkey baster. Did 2 50% WCs and since it seemed pretty clear I put the fish in. I have to go shoping for some espom salt for him tomorrow (hopefully) as when I brought him home form the store he had a mild case of popeye.

I'm hoping he'll clear up alright... but at like $3.75 he was a steal, even a bit ill. lol
Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #8 
Creat

Aw I hope he feels better soon :) It probably will clear up faster sense its a smaller tank and I used a super fine grain of sand that drove me bonkers.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote