Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #11 
missm83

i cant believe someone would treat betta as a "thing" and use them as a centerpiece....im glad you could save at least 2. lucky little girls!
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #12 
Campbell

Glad you could save a few. Just letting you know that those are stress stripes. They should go away when conditions improve. Sorry, I know you thought they were cute. Haha.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #13 
Luimeril

they're lovely~ i can't wait to see them feeling better! it was REALLY nice of you to adopt them. i hope the others are in homes as loving as yours.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #14 
Pitluvs

Is it just me or are those the two most horrendous looking center pieces for a wedding? Haha Kinda look like a shot gun hillbilly wedding. Poor taste in decor. If i were to use something like this, at least have nice glass rocks. Thank you so much for taking them home!! And sorry if this wedding was someone you personally know, those just look tacky.

Funny story, woman came into my LPS looking for 50 male bettas to order for a wedding. The worker looks at her and says "This is a pet store, not a wedding shop". I nearly died laughing. Then she comes to me and makes a snide remark about the employee. I see him overlooking our convo so I say... "Ya know, he saved you a lot of money actually since they have high needs like heat. Being in those small bowls, you'd probably end up with about 20 floaters by the end of the best man's speach" And she agreed!! The worker nearly died laughing. He likes me.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #15 
WDW Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
Glad you could save a few. Just letting you know that those are stress stripes. They should go away when conditions improve. Sorry, I know you thought they were cute. Haha.
I just took a look at them and the stripes are fading already. I wondered about the stripes, I didn't think bettas had stripes. I hope the girls don't mind their temporary bowls until I can get out to get a tank. It will only be a couple of days.
WDW Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #16 
Pitluvs

Girls are so stripey lol They won't mind the bowls until you get a tank, just make sure the waters clean and warm and they'll do fine :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #17 
SassyBetta

ur such a nice person . i really hope they wernt just decor, its still horrible but it would be a lil better if they were wedding favors, atleast they might go home to a loving person, instead of being dumped out somewhere :( i hate to think about what happend to the ones that no one took with them :( really sad :(
SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #18 
WDW Donna

I want to put Lilo and Poly into a 5gallon tank with a divider. My daughter has a smaller tank (2gal I think) so I know a little on how to care for them. Is a 5gal much different? Do I need a heater and light? I have been trying to find a thread about this so if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

They need a heater but they don't necessarily need a light. Good for you for saving those fish. I bet they'll be gorgeous after they settle down.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #20 
WDW Donna

Just at Petsmart looking at tanks and dividers. Found TopFin brand divider, has anyone tried it? The smallest I found was for a 10gal tank, not sure If I can cut it to fit. Ideas anyone? Thanks.