Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #1 
elijahfeathers

About had a heart attack.

Got a lovely new boy today. QTing him for the moment and letting him adjust SLOWLY to new water since he's from like three towns over.

Well his QT cup was pretty full, so I popped him out and removed some excess water. Also make sure to get the little poops out of his cup as well. All goes well.. until I try to put him back in his cup. Pour into the cup.... use momentum to jump to rug apparently is Mercury's plan.

I'm glad I was sitting on the floor or that fall would have been quite bad. he's back to floating in the tank in his little cup, and looking slightly clamped now. (I don't blame him... I had to pick him up off the floor)

Kept calmer than I would have thought I'd have been with a fish out of the water. Just put my fingers around him in a picking up motion, he did most of the work flopping into them-- and then back to the cup.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had a similar thing happen to me but I knocked mine off of the dresser and he went under the dresser. Talk about a heart attack! lol I did the same as you, I put my hand up against him and he flopped into my hand and I put him back in the water. The cup he was in split in half. I'm lucky he wasn't hurt. After about a minute he swam around like it was no big deal.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #3 
elijahfeathers

Haha yeah I'd have been crying and freaking out if he was where I couldn't reach him I think. Still, he seems to have sum it off, so to speak. xD
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

same thing here. i had a cat and i was cleaning my sorority tank (when i had one...) i had 3 VTs, and 1 CT, i set them on my desk in containers with a light (since it was almost dark or so)

so i left the room to get water and i come back check on my girls, MY CT GIRL IS MISSING! am like "oh my god, oh my god where is she?" i checked all over the floor my dad and brothers come in to help, you know what i didn't check? she was nearly off the cliff on the desk, i hurriedly put into the cup and she made it.

i almost had a heart attack, i would never let my girls die like that to bad all myy girls back then died by fungus, since my mom picked up "ick attack" i don't blame my mom though
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #5 
ManInBlack2010

my boy rebel likes to hide in his house whenever i go to check on him. he's in a 1.5 heated bowl right now without a cover (it's a long story, lol) but whenever i go in there i look in and can't find him. it's white gravel and he's a bright read so i'm looking all over in the bowl, looking on the floor around the desk then i look back in and peek in the house and there he is in the shadows. it's like he's playing hide and seek, lol, cause once i find him he comes out like "hey you found me!"
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote