Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #1 
JAB91

Spawn log. Aurora and Seņior Betta

Alright guys, so these two are in the spawn tank. Ive been conditioning for about two weeks and Aurora is super eggy with lots of vertical bars. Senior betta is hurredly blowing a bubble nest, while aurora looks on from her jar floating in the tank. He randomly goes over to her and flares and does a little wiggle dance for her, she loves it . Im excited, if everything goes right this will be my first ever spawn. Wish me luck guys.

Ill get pics up as soon as possible.
JAB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #2 
JAB91

So she is out in the spawning tankbut now she doesn't seem as interested. He goes up to her and she kinda backs up and lowers her head but then just swims away and he kind of follows but then he stops and she keeps going. What can I do?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #3 
Gloria

Awww fishy 'love'... I would love to help but my fish are giving me a headache with their spawn... I think you just have to give it time, let them get used to one another. Monitor them and see how they get along... I hope it all goes well. Make sure you keep us posted :D
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #4 
JAB91

Iam. He's being really nice to her. No torn fins or anything. When she leaves him he goes back and gets under his bubblenest or goes to a corner and states at the reflection. Poor Guy he's so love struck :)
Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #5 
Gloria

lol.. too cute. Sound like my little fella... How long have they been in together for now?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #6 
JAB91

For about 6 hours now. He's working hard on his bubblenest. He hasn't left that spot for like an hour now O_o
Old 10-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #7 
Gloria

how cute... You should upload a p[icture of mum and dad!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #8 
Creat

Sounds about right dont worry if they dont get down to business quickly sometimes it can take days for them to get moving.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #9 
JAB91

Well nothings happened yet. Everytime Aurora goes to him he flares at her and she takes off running the other way then he just goes back to chilling under his bubblenest -_-"
Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #10 
JAB91

Good news! Theres little fry wiggling around in the nest. Totally caught me off guard. I thought they had not yet spawned and i wake up to find a nest full of baby bettas O_O . Im so bummed i missed everything. I missed the spawn and i didnt even notice there were eggs in the nest! The female is still in the tank with the male. I noticed theres like two nests. One in the dense plant cover and the one the male is under, under the styrofoam cup. She seems to be taking care of some fry in her nest in the dense plant cover. At first i thought she was eating them but actually shes spitting them out into her nest. she goes over to the males nest and she goes to the bottom under it and she scoops up the fallen fry that the male doesnt get and takes them back to hers. Sometimes the male notices and chases her away but she is able to hide in the plants. should i take her out? I have a video i will put on here once its uploaded, in the mean time some bad quality puctures will have to suffice:

Last edited by JAB91; 10-05-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: image did not post