Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #1 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Can I have your opinion?

I am a dog trainer here in the Austin area and I have been working on my site trying to get it to look right and provide the helpful information to my viewers. Do you think you guys could take a look at it and tell me what you think as well as offer any helpful tips? Try to view the site from the perspective of a potential client and then tell me what you think. I value the opinion of the members on this site and I would love your advice. Thanks in advance guys!!
Here is the site.
www.austincanineleadershipconsultants.com
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #2 
dew

It's great! Very informative and easy to use. Good job!
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #3 
hedgehog

I think it looks nice and professional and it was easy to use. I was interested in one of the stories (babies understand dogs) but when I clicked on it it said that page was not found. Only problem that I found with your site though.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #4 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
I think it looks nice and professional and it was easy to use. I was interested in one of the stories (babies understand dogs) but when I clicked on it it said that page was not found. Only problem that I found with your site though.
Oh yea sorry about that! I am writing a page about a super cool study I found, I totally forgot to hide the page till I was done. Here is the link. Happy reading!
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0720163559.htm
Old 10-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #5 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew View Post
It's great! Very informative and easy to use. Good job!
Thanks!! I will be adding more stuff all the time, stuff like recent studies and training tips for everyday use. I also plan on making some free video's and tutorials on how to teach dogs to do simple tricks and obedience commands like sit, stay and lay down.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #6 
Bombalurina

Very swish looking, easy to use, and some gorgeous pictures of dogs. I admit I spent more time going "nawww" than I did looking at content, but what I read was good and made a lot of sense. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #7 
betaguy

Mastering feeding time's second paragraph has a spelling error. u have "the", it should be "then".
i couldnt access the babies understand dogs page.
OTHER THAN THAT i think the site is great and very easy to navigate, good work.
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #8 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaguy View Post
Mastering feeding time's second paragraph has a spelling error. u have "the", it should be "then".
i couldnt access the babies understand dogs page.
OTHER THAN THAT i think the site is great and very easy to navigate, good work.
Thanks for that!! I will fix that spelling error as well. lol I have been busy with a new client so I have not been able to check the thread.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:29 AM   #9 
HatsuneMiku

viewed in firefox 7.0.1 (and this is why i hate wordpress .. it will behave different based on browsers)

looking over your index page
1. i don't know if this is on purpose or not .. but is "austin canine leadership consultant" header suppose to be not centered?

2. under featured posts .. the 3rd post listed is not aligned correctly with the other 2

3. on the very bottom (footer block) it says "Designed by Install Wordpress Theme" <-- and that is a link .. which it should not be .. and is also off-centered

other then that code-wise .. i don't see anymore errors
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:25 AM   #10 
Pitluvs

There are many spelling errors :)

Quote:
Many a pet owner has come away from a breeder of(or) shelter with sibling pets with(in?) hopes of keeping the family unit together as long as possible. Sometimes people think that sibling puppies will be less likely to quarrel due to family bonds. This is simply not the case, in(Better to end the sentence and start a new one with In fact..." fact many time’s it’s quite the opposite. Being so close in age only makes the competition for “top dog” even harder to determine between the two, and sometimes the fights can get pretty nasty. It’s not that owning two dogs from the same litter is hopeless, it just takes a bit more understanding of natural dog and pack behaviors and knowing how to correct the undesired behaviors when they present themselves.
Quote:
- When feeding do not allow any of your dogs in your personal zone. If they approach correct them and move them back to your social zone. It may take a couple day’s(days) for your dog to understand and accept your new boundaries but with consistency your dog will be patiently waiting for you to present the food bowl.

Just a few here and there. I have read most of what you have and I am impressed. It's hard to find someone who shares the same type of training idea I have, and I'm very specific with my dog. I have been called weak by many and over bearing by just as many lol Now... the biggest challenge. I wish you could try and train my dog to swim ;) I'd pay you lots of money to see that!

Great site! It's very pleasing to the eye, very professional looking.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote