Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #1 
ManInBlack2010

bettas in viewing tanks at petco?

so i went shopping for a little female today to replace my dear Cash. I decided i'd go to every store in the mall area that sells fish and remember where my favorites were. And while i was in there i'd look at the other fish too, of course - i have this dream of having a cichlid pair someday when i have enough money/space/time. ANYWAYS... when i was looking in the other viewing tanks at petco, some of them had Betta fish in them! Only one per tank but i thought it was pretty neat... especially since it was the same petco that told me i killed my betta because i had him in a 5gallon tank. Has anyone else seen this? i wanna know how they decide which bettas go in the tanks and which go on the shelves...

also i noticed a few of them had problems with the strength of the filters in the tanks i wanted to say something but the people at that petco don't like me, lol

(oh and i did get a female, a little blue veiltail from petsmart i named Adalida - as in the George Strait song)
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #2 
betaguy

i just talked about this in my last thread, i thought it was awesome. lol
there was a 5 gal (idk it just looked twice size of mine) and i asked the lady about it since my local petsmart didnt have that. She seemed like a betta expert.
she told me it was her own tank that she contributed to show a happy betta and how they should live. I was so happy someone finally understood.
she said she picks out the best looking healthy fish to put in there and once someone buys it she replaces it with another in the big tank.
also, in this petsmart every male had a bubble nest and was active :)
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #3 
Bambi

Sometimes they'll give the "prettiest" fish their own small tank as a display fish(my petsmart had a small white halfmoon in a display tank, about 2.5 gallon with a marimo ball and little cave).
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #4 
Okami

At my local petco they have been putting Betta's with Rosebaras and Zebras. difference is these bettas are HUGE. They called them "King Bettas" which I have never heard of until now. Dont know if thats the official name for a huge betta like that.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #5 
Bambi

Their "kings" now are usually half giants or giants depending on where you get them. They used to call fancy crown tails Kings.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote