Betta Fish Forum banner

What colors are you most interested in?

3K views 68 replies 20 participants last post by  GreenTea 
#1 ·
Since my last breeding pairs were DOA, I'm picking some new ones..And I'm wondering what there is interest in, the tail types would be hmpks.

Black coppers?
Giant and giant geno purple/maroon salamanders?
Blue Marbles?
Koi coloring?
Pinks?

Thanks guys, hope these ones live!

#4 ·
All but Black Copper please.

#5 ·
Breeding projects/pairs - Purples

1- Giant hmpk purple salamanders with purple hmpk salamander

(This shows his awesome finnage but not his pretty purple color.)

2 - Fun/bizarre purple marbles!

I had originally hoped to do blue dragon marbles, but purple and varied coloreddragon marbles are great too. I don't know about all of you but I am a huge fan of the unusual colored betta.

Male

Female (who is also in my avatar)

What do you guys think? I have 2 or 3 more fish to select, I'm hoping to find an orange marble at a reasonable price or my previously desired blue and white dragon marbles.

#7 ·
Thank you...!

I am totally obsessed with her (don't tell the other girls.) She was worth the money. I have named her...Cow Cow lol for a reason that's probably not that interesting or worth the explanation!

#9 ·
I would be interested in the coppers and marbles :p of any tail type

#12 ·
I found these lovely Giant Dragon White/Green marble pair so I snatched em right up! I'm going to do the purple/red salamander giants and these giants. Anyone interested in green marbled dragons?

$65.00 feels like a great price for these guys.

Male:

Female:

#15 ·
I found these lovely Giant Dragon White/Green marble pair so I snatched em right up! I'm going to do the purple/red salamander giants and these giants. Anyone interested in green marbled dragons?

$65.00 feels like a great price for these guys.

Male:

Female:

that is a very expensive fish!!!!!!!! 0.O...., i almost peed myself when i saw that!

#13 ·
super red hmpk, blue marbles, multis.

#21 ·
EEEEeee thanks so happy I got them! The girl caught my eye first, she wasn't bought, and she was reposted. I couldn't get her out of my head. I was thinking I'd just put her with one of my other giants, but then I saw the two green marble males. There was this male and a piebald male. Piebalds kinda freak me out lol so I picked this guy. Nice to see you again today Tisia :)

#20 ·
if giants are so expensive... looks like you could be making some bankkkk. As well as adding some fantastic fish to your group. will you be doing a spawn log? i would love to follow it and see how the fry turn out.

#22 ·
Well maybe I'll make a small profit but part of the reason I want to breed giant hmpks is because they are SO EXPENSIVE for people in the USA. I want these beautiful fish to be more available financially for people, especially breeders here. I'm just looking to cover my basic costs and then help other breeders.

The other reason I want to breed giant hmpks is because I just LOVE them. They are so fun to watch swim. They're really strong and fast. They look great in my tanks. HMPK is my favorite tail type.

Originally, I wanted to breed giants. Then I figured I should just try to breed regular hmpks before giants. Buttt those breeding pairs died in transit to the USA so I'm back to breeding giants!

If they make it here alive, you can bet on a spawn log with sooo many photos. I have a sorority log going now. I like to help other members with my trials and errors if I can.

#24 ·
Yeah we should. In fact I think you should move in to the unit next to me, and we can buy the studio apartment in the attic and turn it into our fish room for breeding projects....muahahahha

#25 ·
U got some nice looking giant....
The color I like is....
blue or green mask....
Or marble
Can't wait till my lfs have a new shipment on the giant....
Want to pick up another pair....
But I have to wait....
Do to his supplier in Thailand....
They told him that there was a flood...
Most farm lost a lot of fish....

#27 ·
Holy shizzz! There were 3 male giants at my petsmart labeled for the price of a veiltail! Gahh haha! You mean I was looking into the eyes of 250$ worth of fish?

#28 ·
Depending on what they looked like and if they were true giants, maybe. Part of the reason they're so expensive online is because they are fairly uncommon in the US. I'm hoping to change that.

#30 ·
@Greentea: we have similar goals. hope you succeed in developing giants.

They are very expensive to rear though. I'm feeding mine between 5 to 9 times from 7 am to midnight, and they're still not growing at the rate I wished for..... I plan to take one and measure it because I'm curious how big they actually are.

Good Luck on your "experiments".

#32 ·
Thank you Indjo! I hope you are successful as well. What are your breeding goals?

Why do you say "experiments"?

Can I ask you some questions? What you are feeding your fry at what stages of development? How many fry you have? I've heard giants have generally smaller spawns, has this been your experience?

I am planning to feed infusoria, egg yolks, bbs, microworms, crushed protein pellets, and maybe vinegar eels. It's rainy and cold here now so an outside spawn or mosquito larvae are out of the question.

#31 ·
Um..How would you measure it?

#34 ·
Even if the giant r breed in the USA....
I don't think they'll drop below 20 a fish....
My goal with the giant is...
To get some mask...
Dragon...
Dt
Big ear
Nothing less the hm...
I know I'm working with a lot of line at the same time....
It going to take me a few year to get them all...

#35 ·
Are you in the USA? That is a huge undertaking, especially considering that big ears are fairly new. This male has a mask and the female is almost entirely dragon. I want green/white dragon marble giants, and my purple/red Cambodian giants.

#36 ·
Yeah I'm from the us...
Californai
I know it's a big project...
Thats y i Have my little brother helping me...
Good thing he only live across the street from me...
Have a big ear male....
Looking for a female....
People say they have a hard time swimming....
I disagree with them....
My super delta is slower n have a harder time swimming then my big ear....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.