Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #21 
GreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
yeah, $65 for a pair of giants seems pretty good to me too. I love their coloring, specially the girl

EEEEeee thanks so happy I got them! The girl caught my eye first, she wasn't bought, and she was reposted. I couldn't get her out of my head. I was thinking I'd just put her with one of my other giants, but then I saw the two green marble males. There was this male and a piebald male. Piebalds kinda freak me out lol so I picked this guy. Nice to see you again today Tisia :)
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #22 
GreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaguy View Post
if giants are so expensive... looks like you could be making some bankkkk. As well as adding some fantastic fish to your group. will you be doing a spawn log? i would love to follow it and see how the fry turn out.

Well maybe I'll make a small profit but part of the reason I want to breed giant hmpks is because they are SO EXPENSIVE for people in the USA. I want these beautiful fish to be more available financially for people, especially breeders here. I'm just looking to cover my basic costs and then help other breeders.

The other reason I want to breed giant hmpks is because I just LOVE them. They are so fun to watch swim. They're really strong and fast. They look great in my tanks. HMPK is my favorite tail type.

Originally, I wanted to breed giants. Then I figured I should just try to breed regular hmpks before giants. Buttt those breeding pairs died in transit to the USA so I'm back to breeding giants!

If they make it here alive, you can bet on a spawn log with sooo many photos. I have a sorority log going now. I like to help other members with my trials and errors if I can.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #23 
Tisia

yeah, just thinking about the fact I paid $60 before shipping for the HMPK pair I'm planning on breeding, so $65 for giants seems like an even better deal now, lol
I love the spotted look, even though it seems like most of them marble up solid eventually, lol.
we really need to do something sometime when you don't have to rush off :p
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #24 
GreenTea

Yeah we should. In fact I think you should move in to the unit next to me, and we can buy the studio apartment in the attic and turn it into our fish room for breeding projects....muahahahha
Old 10-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #25 
Curlyfatbottom

U got some nice looking giant....
The color I like is....
blue or green mask....
Or marble
Can't wait till my lfs have a new shipment on the giant....
Want to pick up another pair....
But I have to wait....
Do to his supplier in Thailand....
They told him that there was a flood...
Most farm lost a lot of fish....
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #26 
Tisia

lol, I think it would be safer if one of us was in the attic and the large amounts of water were on the ground floor and not above us, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #27 
UglyMuffin777

Holy shizzz! There were 3 male giants at my petsmart labeled for the price of a veiltail! Gahh haha! You mean I was looking into the eyes of 250$ worth of fish?
UglyMuffin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #28 
GreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMuffin777 View Post
Holy shizzz! There were 3 male giants at my petsmart labeled for the price of a veiltail! Gahh haha! You mean I was looking into the eyes of 250$ worth of fish?
Depending on what they looked like and if they were true giants, maybe. Part of the reason they're so expensive online is because they are fairly uncommon in the US. I'm hoping to change that.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #29 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMuffin777 View Post

Not exactly
If they were the ones bred in Thailand and were bred for color/finnage then possibly, but they probably werent cause then the prices on petsmart's bettas would be WAY more if they got them from the breeders in thai lol
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:11 AM   #30 
indjo
TFK Moderator

@Greentea: we have similar goals. hope you succeed in developing giants.

They are very expensive to rear though. I'm feeding mine between 5 to 9 times from 7 am to midnight, and they're still not growing at the rate I wished for..... I plan to take one and measure it because I'm curious how big they actually are.

Good Luck on your "experiments".
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote