Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #1 
Gizmothefreaky

Shall we do another update? :) **pic heavy**

Alright!! So i took some pictures yesterday of a few of my fish, didnt get all of them because they were either sick, or being impossible to catch... *shakes fist at Black Swan* That little bugger just refused to be caught, and then hid when i tried to take pictures of him in the tank... Which is why i have a photo tank... =..=; anyway!! Here we go with the few i did get photos of for now! :D

Twitch- OHM marble male, tail biter >.< and fully recovered from near death being stuck in a little hole. :D

Top shot of his pretty face :3 -

Without flash from the side -

With flash from the side, you can really see the big scar on his back from his near death encounter here. -

Pollux, HMPK mustard gas dragon male, leaving for a new home this week :3 -

Can anyone tell me why it looks like the blue is rubbing off on his sides? o.o;

Skylight, HM marble male, wow has he changed!! XD -

When i first got him 9-1-11

And yesterday-

Is it safe to say he is piebald as well? Or perhaps he is just coloring up from the back forward. XD

Benten, CT male, blind with cataracts, though with tlc i think they are fading, because he seems able to see... at least a little anyway. :D -

And the little purple PK dragon male, who still doesnt have a name. XD-

Name suggestions are totally welcome!!

Hope you enjoyed the update!! Ill put up more when i get them. XD
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #2 
Gizmothefreaky

Ah! Since i cant edit it anymore...

Skylight isnt all tattered... Where the color stops it is clear... ^^; I just realized it is really hard to see. lmao!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #3 
cajunamy
Banned

Just an fyi - your 'purple' is not purple, he is a copper. And Im not totally convinced that the mustard gas is halfmoon, he doesn't quite have the full 180 spread in the pic and doesn't have the D shape - it is rounded instead. He looks more to be a traditional PK, but not HM. I also don't believe your blue guy is piebald - he has a lighter face but it's not colorless - unless I'm wrong, piebald fish have no color at all, it's just flesh/cello colored.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #4 
Gizmothefreaky

Ooooh, okay. lol! Yeah, i always thought Pollux was a little shy of being HM, and i was just curious about Sky, i think he is just coloring up from the back to the front... But the purple isnt copper... I have seen lots of coppers and he doesnt even come close to what i would consider a copper... Salamander MAYBE... but not copper to be sure.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #5 
Indyfishy

Wow, your fish are incredible, especially Pollux!!!! He is way cool!!!! I also really like Benten, he's adorable =) I don't think the last one is a copper, or a salamander either. It almost looks like he's some sort of cross between the two. Whatever he is, he's beautiful, you should name him Miraz =)
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #6 
Gizmothefreaky

Thanks!! I am just sad that i had to rehome him before i got to breed Pollux. XD But who knows, maybe my sister will breed him. *shrug* Benten is really a little sweetie, and for a while i didnt think he would live, but he made it, and is even regaining a little bit of his sight. :) I dont know if his rays will ever become long and beautiful, but i dont mind.

As for the last one, Miraz is a really cool name! XD Jason Mraz is one of my favorite singers and that reminds me of him. X3
Old 10-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #7 
PitGurl

Great photos!

The iridescent shine on fish scales is made up of tiny prism shaped crystals that refract light. Some bettas have more of these crystals i.e. dragons. If your betta rubs against something enough times it will remove these crystals leaving behind the exposed scale. It's sort of like what happens when you touch a butterfly wing.

Last edited by PitGurl; 10-04-2011 at 04:50 PM.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #8 
Creat

Gorgoeus boys! what did Twitch do to himself? I had a male swim through a hole in a divider and has the same indent except on his tummy...
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #9 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
Great photos!

The iridescent shine on fish scales is made up of tiny prism shaped crystals that refract light. Some bettas have more of these crystals i.e. dragons. If your betta rubs against something enough times it will remove these crystals leaving behind the exposed scale. It's sort of like what happens when you touch a butterfly wing.
Thank you so much! On both counts... XD I was just stumped, lol, sounds silly i know, but now that i think about it, Pollux has probably been skimming the dividers or something. XD Silly boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
Gorgoeus boys! what did Twitch do to himself? I had a male swim through a hole in a divider and has the same indent except on his tummy...
Twitch got himself stuck in a hole in a cave that i made out of half a plastic flower pot... He was actually just about to drown when i found him, and it was waaaay worse. He has a matching indent on his tummy right behind his anus too... If you look on page... ah... 20 or 21 of the emergencies section you can find the thread and the pictures of him the day it happened.

Thanks for the compliment! X3 I try really hard to take good photos and not post ones that are really blurry... Which means out of a hundred or so, this is all i have to show for it. XD
Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #10 
Creat

Ha ha my special boy did that too I was so worried about him now he can only eat certain foods or it cant pass through him the dofus and I am glad Twitchy has recovered. You have all such gorgeous boys.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote