Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #1 
rockin3

Does this look like velvet?

So I got Bosco in July and always thought he had a hint of green to him. I was away this weekend, and when I came back Bosco had no appetite and it looked like he was missing some scales on his head! So maybe he's really supposed to be all blue? I checked with the flashlight and I see gold...but what happened to his head? It's hard to see, but look to the right of his eye...
Anyway, I'm guessing this looks like velvet? I bought Maracide today and put half of a cap in his 2.5 gal tank. If you've dealt with this before, any tips? If a med worked for you, how long did it take for your fish to regain an appetite?

rockin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #2 
Campbell

I've had one fish with velvet, and she constantly rubbed against rocks and decorations. Is yours doing this? Maybe this is the reason for the missing scales? Can't really help you with treatment. I recieved my infected fish from a friend, and she had already passed away by the time I made it to the petstore for meds. Search old threads for velvet treatments. Its one of the more common illnesses, so I'm sure there are tons of threads about it.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote