Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #121 
bettalover2033

Wow your sorority looks amazing and has so many plants I love how there are so many colors in the tank as well.

The first male has a grizzled look to the caudal and a little on his anal fin.

I especially love the second male for his beautiful marble pattern. Its very unique and I'm a little surprised that the pattern reaches his head. You have yourself amazing fish. Are they all fry?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #122 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Wow your sorority looks amazing and has so many plants I love how there are so many colors in the tank as well.

The first male has a grizzled look to the caudal and a little on his anal fin.

I especially love the second male for his beautiful marble pattern. Its very unique and I'm a little surprised that the pattern reaches his head. You have yourself amazing fish. Are they all fry?
Thanks I appreciate that. All of them except 5 grown females are fry and young adults. I am actually selling the females now, so I have to photograph them now. It's time consuming lol.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #123 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
Thanks I appreciate that. All of them except 5 grown females are fry and young adults. I am actually selling the females now, so I have to photograph them now. It's time consuming lol.
That's great. I'm glad that you have found them homes! Taking GOOD pictures can be pretty annoying because they don't stay still Long enough for you to catch a nice "pose."

Try using a fluorescent light and no flash. That always works for me.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #124 
tpocicat

I bought a 1/2 gal "betta tank" for pics. At least that helps slow them down a little! I hope to get good pics of mine when it comes time to find homes for them.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #125 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
That's great. I'm glad that you have found them homes! Taking GOOD pictures can be pretty annoying because they don't stay still Long enough for you to catch a nice "pose."

Try using a fluorescent light and no flash. That always works for me.
I am posting them on aqua bid I think they are too young right now though because they got all stress striped when I moved them to a small viewing tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
I bought a 1/2 gal "betta tank" for pics. At least that helps slow them down a little! I hope to get good pics of mine when it comes time to find homes for them.
I am using a tiny little tank so they can't move around a lot but it's plastic and I don't like the effect it has on the photos.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #126 
bettalover2033

Quote:
I am posting them on aqua bid I think they are too young right now though because they got all stress striped when I moved them to a small viewing tank.
Can you send a link to your auctions. Id like to see them.

You just might have to wait a little while for them to color up again. I find that they get stressed for everything. Though I did have one red marble spawn that (when I put my hand in the tank) they would begin to swim up to it and swim through my fingers. I was too cute. Though there were about 4 or 5 theat really just stayed away.

Anyway, you should just let them settle a bit. Or try putting a mirror in front of them to get them better comforted though.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #127 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Can you send a link to your auctions. Id like to see them.

You just might have to wait a little while for them to color up again. I find that they get stressed for everything. Though I did have one red marble spawn that (when I put my hand in the tank) they would begin to swim up to it and swim through my fingers. I was too cute. Though there were about 4 or 5 theat really just stayed away.

Anyway, you should just let them settle a bit. Or try putting a mirror in front of them to get them better comforted though.
For sure I will send a link

As for the pictures, this is all I got so far

Do they look acceptable?
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #128 
bettalover2033

Those are good shots, the oly problem would be that I wouldn't be able to tell what color they are. What color are they? I don't think it's the stress stripes on them, I think it's more of the color issue because that female (that is a female right?) has a faded black tint to her. Regardless the fish looks to have really good finnage and body shape. I see nothing wrong with the spine or any deformities. Though sadly MANY people dont care about some of those things (not on the forum...on AB). Most people who bid on AB that want pets only care about the vibrant color. I had a person ask me if I had any other ornament halfmoons planar bettas for her bamboo vase because hers died...

I saw a picture and saw that he had NO way of getting to the top to get some air. And he looked so thin. I told her that I would suggest her doing research and maybe ask someone else because my fish weren't going to her. That's real ignorant torture. I would say that if you don't know about the animal or living thing...don't get it.

It can be dangerous on more levels than 1
Old 02-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #129 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Those are good shots, the oly problem would be that I wouldn't be able to tell what color they are. What color are they? I don't think it's the stress stripes on them, I think it's more of the color issue because that female (that is a female right?) has a faded black tint to her. Regardless the fish looks to have really good finnage and body shape. I see nothing wrong with the spine or any deformities. Though sadly MANY people dont care about some of those things (not on the forum...on AB). Most people who bid on AB that want pets only care about the vibrant color. I had a person ask me if I had any other ornament halfmoons planar bettas for her bamboo vase because hers died...

I saw a picture and saw that he had NO way of getting to the top to get some air. And he looked so thin. I told her that I would suggest her doing research and maybe ask someone else because my fish weren't going to her. That's real ignorant torture. I would say that if you don't know about the animal or living thing...don't get it.

It can be dangerous on more levels than 1
Oh that is her color she is flat black.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #130 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Oh that is her color she is flat black.
Oh I see now, haha maybe you should state that. Also include her age so some people can understand why she isn't too "colored in".