Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #1 
ArcticRain

Saw a beautiful Purple Butterfly HMPK yesterday!!!

So, yesterday I went to Petco to buy some water conditioner. Well I just had to walk by the Bettas and what did I see? This beautiful Purple Butterfly HMPK!!! They had a couple purples there but this one was perfect. The purple was so bright and vivid, the white butterfly rim was absolutely perfect and he had made a really big bubble nest in his little cup! I stupidly didn't take a picture but I was wondering, is his coloration rare? What about his tail type?

I am really considering going back to take a second better look at him. But my mom would probably never let me buy a second Betta or probably even go back to consider buy a second Betta. I hate not having a car. Anyway, any ideas for a solution? I have about $20 in dollar coins that I have had since I was a kid, I collected them. But now that I am older I would be willing to use that money to buy this amazing Betta. But that money could only buy me a small temporary tank. Unheated and very small. Maybe 1/2 gallon to 1 gallon but that has to be better then what he is in now right?

I would only consider buying him if he is rare. So my main question is.
Is he worth trying to talk my mom into letting me buy him?
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #2 
bettarainbow

You know, i have never seen any hmplakat in my petco, either i came too late and they are all gone already or that petco dont carry them.
I heard some members talking about giant hmplakat, never saw those kind either.
Most of betta seen in here are mix color, that is why i never pay attention to it.
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #3 
Larsa

whaaat a purple buterfly hmpkt!? I would immediately buy! :P BUY BUY BUY and post pics pleeaaaseee!!!! Psshhh 2 bettas too much? I have 9 :/ some people here have 20!!! You should go to walmart and buy a critter keeper for like $7. You might have to do frequent water changes but you can always save up for a tank! Hey, X-mas is coming up right? :P

o.o those large plakats are scary....they are very dull and might take a chunk outta your finger! LOL they are like the size of a tv dinner meal chicken strip X'D

Last edited by Larsa; 10-05-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #4 
Luimeril

get him, but try to look for something bigger. HMPKs aren't the biggest, but they're ACTIVE. even blind ol' Theo would hardly sit still. you can get a 2 gallon Kritter Keeper in the rodent department for around $10~ or so. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #5 
elijahfeathers

If where you are gouges you on fish tanks, you might try looking in the cookware department or storeage department of a big store. Walmart has 2 gal cookie containers for like 10 bucks ect.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #6 
Bambi

Sounds like a salamander. Not exactly rare, you can find them on aquabid fairly often. but for a petco find..I have yet to see a salamander at petco or petsmart xD

Walmart has ten gallon tanks for 12$ And covers are easy to make(or they sell screen lids aswell).You could divide it in half and get two new bettas xD Petsmart often has some fake plants for sale for 99cents or so. I oalways grab a couple when i go in.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #7 
ArcticRain

I just went to Petco and bought him! Seeing him again he might be salamander, but to me he will always be PURPLE!!! Haha, pictures to come! I can already tell he is going to be a jumper, he has jumped about five times in his little cup! It's really sad so many Bettas that were alive last night had died and I saw many more that had SBD, popeye, ick and awful fin rot. He even looks to have declined a bit since last night. I went ahead and bought him a real tank, heater and filter. I also got him some plants and gravel. He should really happy to be out of petco!
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #8 
Leeniex

Yay! Congrats!
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #9 
Bambi

I LOVE purple salamanders, i wish my local pet smart would get a couple so i could buy one.

My petsmart only has dragon HMPK though, so a salamander HMPK isn't likely.Maybe a HM.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #10 
Banicks

What about buying a cheap safe plastic container from Walmart or somewhere. Then spending a bit more on a heater. Go DIY on your decorations and get him?
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote