Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #1 
GrellxUndertaker

I wish i could have more

I went to petco today and I think that i have caught the betta fish feaver, having betta fish is so addicting. I found this absoultely adorible betta when i went in, I think he was a dalmation because he had spots on his fins. I'm not sure, but it was so cute. DX i only have so much space in my room though.
GrellxUndertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #2 
Kytkattin

I don't even bother looking any more. I have 2 as well, so I just make sure I take the best care of them that I can. I try to get to know each one's individual personality instead of looking at them as just pretty fish. Plus if I spend 10 minutes a day with each fish, if I added another one that would be 30 minutes a day jsut sitting in front of a fish tank (though sometimes it is more than that with just 2...).
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #3 
hufflepuffyfish

aw, dalmation bettas <3 I haven't seen any in my petco/petsmart/local fish store...
but i have a fever too.. i want one more female but my bf said no but rr i just got a $5 petco coupon so im tempted to walk there...
i remember the girl i want too. she is white with brown fins and has an x on her side... lol, wonder if she is still there.
hufflepuffyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #4 
Moshann

I would love to have more bettas but I have two tanks, one with a selection of small tropical fish and the other one with my only much loved betta and I know if I had more it would become too much like hard work looking after them. I think though that the range of types and colours of bettas available can make them very addictive. Fortunately in my part of the UK (and probably the UK in general) you can't just pop into a store and see a huge array of colours and types (if they even have any bettas at all - my nearest large pet store occasionally has a couple of veil tails in standard blue or red) so the temptation isn't quite so great when you have to search on line and then order by post!
Moshann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #5 
ALS1104

i have 3 and want more. im definitely addicted. i have an empty 3gal tank just waiting for a fish... the only thing thats stopping me is space. im currently job searching and were looking for an apartment now so i know when i get more space ill have more fish lol i was already promised a fish room if we get a 3 bed rooom. lol
ALS1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #6 
MybettaSapphire

Oddly enough I'm actually ok with having one betta and his mystery snail buddy in a ten gallon right now. I could certainly add more his to his tank, but I like how it is with them now, and instead like adding more hide outs and plants.

What I really want is is twenty gallon, but preferably 35-50 gallon to replace my other ten gallon which houses my mollies, bristlenose pleco, and a couple mystery snails. Sadly that'll have to wait until we move in January. It'd be a good xmas present though (*runs to go call my parents and needle them for a tank for xmas*, I really like that I can still get decent presents from my parents even though I'm married. Yay!)
MybettaSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

I was fine with my 5, they are all in my living room almost like they are part of the decoration. I wanted a breeding pair, got suckered into 2 more females since they were too cute and ended up having to go to my LPS for two more to make a soroity (to avoid 3 more small tanks and have just one). Did I mention I was happy at 5? But they're here and I'm gonna make the best of it. I have two tropical tanks too.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #8 
betta dude

i always want more bettas
betta dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #9 
GrellxUndertaker

Well, i kind of got my wish in the worst way possible., i got more fish, but only after my first two died...Guess i'm a betta girl down to the heart.
GrellxUndertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I saw about 4 that I wanted to take home the other day.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote