Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #11 
Silverfang

My new boy is living in a rubbermaid container with the lid very faintly ajar. He's quite happy, and can be heated.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #12 
ArcticRain

Here he is! He defenitly is a purple salamander! But i also see some blue and orange shimmer in his fins. Is this normal coloration?
I went ahead and bought him a real tank with heater, filter, gravel and silk plants.
He seems quite happy although a couple minuets ago he seemed to get really stressed and he was just laying at the bottem of his tank. I went ahead and put him in QT for the night so it would be easier for him to go to the top to get air. The two fins by his gills (can't think of the name) seemed to be like stuck to his body. He can still like wiggle them but he is not using them like he was earlier. I looked it up and all i got was that he could be stressed. What do you think?
Anyway, picture time!

ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #13 
Indyfishy

whoa, he's incredible, he looks like you got him off aquabid!!! You definitely don't see a butterfly salamander plakat everyday!! He has perfect coloration!!! Sounds like he might be a bit stressed, how did you acclimate him??? Holding his fins close to him means that he's clamping them up, so wach him very closely over the next couple of days. Usually it's just a sign of stress but it can sometimes mean that there's an underlying illness going on.
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #14 
ArcticRain

I acclimated him for almost an hour! I brought him home at 3:15 PM. After I set up the tank and the heater and water was at 78 degrees it was 4:00 PM. I put him while he was in his little cup to float. After ten min. of floating I poured in some of his new tank water in his cup. I did that every ten minuets for 30 minuets. By the time I was done doing that his little cup was 98% new tank water. I let him float for another 15 minuets then released him to his new tank it was almost 5:00 PM. He has been in his tank exploring acting fine and then at 11:00 PM he decides to get all freaked out. Oh, and I haven't had the filter on because I need to baffle it tomorrow.

I just checked on him and I guess he didn't know I was watching because he unclamped his fins so he could swim up for air. Is this a good sign?

Last edited by ArcticRain; 10-06-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:39 AM   #15 
Indyfishy

It sounds like you acclimated him perfectly, which is great!!!! It sounds like he's going to be okay, just keep him in a dark and quiet spot tonight so he can relax =)
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #16 
ArcticRain

Thank you! Does anyone have any name ideas?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #17 
Pewmew

omg he looks SO PRETTY!!! You're so lucky! :D
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:34 AM   #18 
GreenTea

A name? I think of Pi (pronounced Pie) when I see him. Don't know why! He's gorgeeeeouuusssss <3
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #19 
Leeniex

Even Patrick looks impressed in that picture, lol! Great find!
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #20 
Larsa

woooow omg im totally jealous here!!!! 0.o hmmm can i clone him?? =3 Wow im like, not getting over how gorgeous and healthy he is!!! If you EVER breed him... I want a fry :p hmmmm can you have a photoshoot with him and post your best for the betta of the month contest!!!??? You have my vote! ;P
hmm I think Kuromi is a pretty name :p

Last edited by Larsa; 10-06-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote