Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #31 
emeraldsky

@quyllur

That's an AWESOME idea :O
I was hoping to do sand as well but it was a bit out of my budget but I should be able to do pool filter sand. I'll have to look into that, thank you so much for the idea!

I'm a bit paranoid with live plants but I think I'm going to have to break down and get them. Theyll look nicer plus them growing will help too c:
I'm looking into wisteria I think, and maybe a few others, I want to keep it as simple as possible X)

I'm actually selling the 50g and picking up a 40g long. Itll look nicer and the 50g was a tall one so I couldnt see everything as well. I'm hoping the length will be better for the girls ^^
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #32 
quyllur

quyllur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #33 
quyllur

Am I the only one who can't see my post? The words disappeared!

Just in case, I was trying to say that I really recommend Water Sprite. I've had it my tank for about 4 days and it's already grown at least 2 inches!
quyllur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #34 
emeraldsky

@quyllur
I cant see them either :O

I'll definitely consider it, thank you ^^
I'm hoping to find the most hardy plant I can though, since I dont really have a green thumb XD
Old 10-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #35 
GreenTea

Walmart treats their fish (and employees) really badly...please do not support them!

I went to Joannes fabric and crafting store and got an amazing vase, 3 little pots (like terra cotta but with a pretty blue glaze and round in shape) for 6 dollars. The plants I use, I use because I haven't been able to kill them! I use amazon swords, which come in a compact version or a tall version. They have wide leaves and provide great coverage. Good luck! You can also use silk flowers and such which you can get from crafting stores.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #36 
emeraldsky

@GreenTea
Good news, our walmart doesnt carry bettas anymore!
I'm actually getting mine from either Petco, a smaller LPS, or a breeder. Most likely Petco though, the LPS only had one female (which I'll probably get, she's AMAZING looking) and they dont know when theyll get more and I'm very unfamiliar with breeders and getting fish online.
Its weird though, our Petsmart wont carry females anymore, only males ;A;

Thats good to know, i was thinking of getting a few amazon swords c: Still looking into exactly what I want plant wise X3 I'll definitely be getting some silk plants from a craft store though, cant wait to find some fancy ones!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #37 
Thunderloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quyllur View Post
Am I the only one who can't see my post? The words disappeared!

I've had NoScript eat my posts before as well, since I don't use signatures or tag-lines it just rejects it and says I had nothing to say... somewhat humorous.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #38 
Littlebittyfish

I like to make coconut caves. My fish really like the coconut caves because they're nice and dark inside. I have also made caves out of glass olive jars and other little jars like baby food jars..I clean the jars well and cover them with aquarium sealant and attach gravel or sand to the outside...you can do the same with terra cotta pots or PVC. If you can find larger river rocks you can glue them together and make little tunnels and caves. Aquarium sealant is neat stuff to have around.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #39 
emeraldsky

@Littlebittyfish

Thank you ^^
I plan on using terracotta pots, I LOVE the way they look in tanks. Just got to figure out how to break out the bottom without shattering the whole dang thing :P

Tags
alternative, decoration, sorority