Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #21 
Banicks

I would like to apologise to 1fish2fish, I feel that my initial comment hijacked the thread into a political conversation regarding Pit Bulls.

I love all animals and just wanted to add my concern to the way Pit Bulls are treated in society these days. The suggestions I made were only suggestions as a way to ensure that the breed would still exist in the future for all to love without any possible dangers to those who feel the breed is violent.

My sincerest apologies 1fish, I hope you return to us feeling refreshed.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #22 
LionCalie

This thread can still be a positive, and about Pit bull awareness. I'm not sure if anyone caught my attempt at lighting the mood with an adorable picture. It's not too much to ask that people keep things positive and not turn this into a debate. I was looking forward to seeing other informative posts from you that shine a positive light on pit bulls.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #23 
Tikibirds

Quote:
she was the most obnoxious dog I've ever known.
You have never spent an hour with my dog...very cute, but not so very well behaved.

I have heard of Sgt. Stubbins before, I think it was in a documentary I watched about war dogs. Pit Bulls are popular dogs in Fairbanks. When I was a kid I though all "bully" breed dogs were ALL males because I didn't find them "pretty" so logically they can't have any females. I was a weird kid

Here is a video of them by ANimal Planet's dogs 101 show

http://youtu.be/8Jh2_2z92mw
Old 10-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #24 
missm83

i love pit bulls!! my best friend has 2 of them that i dog sit a lot..they are the most wonderful dogs i have ever met. these 2 dogs live with a 7 and 5 year old kids as well as a cat.
meet daisy and dafny
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

We had a member here a few years ago who used to volunteer at a shelter and there was a pitbull there that she just loved. She would visit him once a week and bring him a big mac. lol
Old 10-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #26 
CrowntailTwitchy57

awwwwies! The doggie ate Big Macs! i'd love to see the faces of her co-workers when she gave the burger to it! :D Plus, when i was about 10 or so, me and my mom went to an animal shelter. I saw a cage of adorable, energy-filled puppies. i pointed them out to my mom, and her reply was: "no, we're not getting a pit bull." without even giving them a second look. i don't blame her, because it IS illegal to own them where im from, so it's best not to fall in love with something you can't have :(

Last edited by CrowntailTwitchy57; 10-06-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #27 
TonyK

Does this look aggressive?

I hate reading these types of threads on Pit bulls because it always turns negative. But, I will say the APBT was bred to have no Human Agression and were likely culled for that. I blame the downfall of the breed on Back Yard Breeders and the need to make money off of them. They don't care about the genetics of the dog or where that puppy is going. They just need the money.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #28 
betaguy

Name:  lil rascals, pete.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  31.3 KB
Old 10-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #29 
CrowntailTwitchy57

@TonyK d'aaaaawwww! he's ADORABLE! he looks like a big softie, am i right? :)
Old 10-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #30 
betaguy

The pups
Name:  041.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  43.9 KB
Closed Thread