Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #11 
Sena Hansler

Oh trust me he has had nothing but clean water :p lol He's the every day clean, because I only had a 1 gallon for him since Madame had to be moved and Maine had to be moved... (geesh) lol. But he doesn't mind. Little bugger is mean though!! xDD He watches you... and if you are near him he'll attack you. or try anyways. LOL.

I think then, I'll use the epsom for the next day, clean his water and give him 2-3 days to see if it is gone before starting AQ to help his fins. His fins are just... mangled D: I'm surprised. There is a part that is healing, I can see it, but his dorsal fin has darkened and the rot has spread almost entirely on that fin!!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #12 
youlovegnats

The new growth will look opaque. :)
Sounds like a plan! Keep us updated!!
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

It does look opaque :) Poor little guy... I cannot believe someone would let a betta (or any animal) get this bad!! D: Thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #14 
youlovegnats

Mmm, some people just don't care about fish...which I can see why. They aren't exactly like dogs or cats. Plus I think the media has a big impact on how humans treat animals. People see a movie that has a little kid with a goldfish in a 1-2 gal. bowl and go out and buy it the next day.
Actually, when Finding Nemo came out, a lot of parents went out and bought their kids a Blue Tang or a Clown Fish. ><' Salt-water fish are the most costly fish and require so much maintenance, that I doubt 50% of those fish lived until the next month.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #15 
vaygirl

If it does't clear, sometimes SBD can be caused by an internal infection. You can treat with Kanaplex. You can find it at Amazon. When Tango had it for two weeks a year ago, it was the only thing that cured it. It's an antibiotic. Just another option for you.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #16 
tpocicat

Just for good measure, you could add Atison's Betta Spa to the water. Bonds with ammonia, and has tannins in it. My Bettas (especially my veil tail male) really like it.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

Hmmm I'll look these up and see if I cannot order some in :) even through the pet store! I know he orders in plants and some special orders, so he might for me...
Yeah I am wondering if it is an internal problem... more than just SBD. Any way, poor fella won't give up :p
Old 10-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

So here is a couple pictures of him last night... he isn't as bad today, but he was pretty bad last night. what a relapse!

Also... sorry for the pictures being side by side??!!!!! That hasn't happened to me before... you may need to scroll to see >>>>>>>>>
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #19 
Indyfishy

Ewww it almost looks like his tummy is full of fluid o_O is it just me, or are his eyes swollen too????
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

No he is looking sideways o_O lol!!! it's a top view, down at him who is sideways and looking elsewhere going "umm....???!!!"