Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #1 
Wulvie Sharpteeth

Question Is this something to worry about?

Hi all, this is my first post and what a way to start off my hellos with a "help me" moment :P

So I have had my male betta Dragon (thats his name, hes not a dragon betta funnily enough) for 2 weeks now and hes generally a happy fishy. But I am just worried about his fins. His colours are purple/blue/red speckles and then the tips of his fins are ghostly white. He was like that when I got him, but I just need some advice to whether its some sort of rot, or whether im just overreacting (probably) but theres no harm in being cautious :)

heres a picture of him:

Thanx guys :) any advice is much appreciated :)
Wulvie Sharpteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #2 
Indyfishy

Absolutely nothing to worry about there!!!! His white tips are his naturally coloring =) He's absolutely stunning, I wish I could find a crown tail that pretty!!! Only worry if the fins are turning black and sort of melting off, or if they're fuzzy, or just fallling off in general haha
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #3 
aurasoulful

He's a handsome little man :D It could be his natural coloring, but with time they may turn purple like the rest of him. When I first got my crown tail, his fins were very long like that. As I've had him for a month, his fin rays grew a bit longer then before. They were ghostly like that for awhile until they colored in. He didn't have any fin rot to begin with. So he may be extending his fins, or they are just fair colored like Indyfishy said :)
aurasoulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #4 
Wulvie Sharpteeth

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfishy View Post
Absolutely nothing to worry about there!!!! His white tips are his naturally coloring =) He's absolutely stunning, I wish I could find a crown tail that pretty!!! Only worry if the fins are turning black and sort of melting off, or if they're fuzzy, or just fallling off in general haha
*big. fat. WHEW* I am so glad :3 thanks for clearng that up! I was worried I had done something wrong with the chemicals in the water (even though the PH is at 7-7.2).

I got to him just in time because one of the shop employees was going to buy him if he didnt sell that day :P

And ok, I will keep that in mind so I will know to treat it if it happens :)

thanx again :3
Wulvie Sharpteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #5 
Silverfang

When bettas have new fin growth it generally starts of as clearish or white, then eventually gains colour. I wouldn't worry, it could also just be natural colouring.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote