Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #11 
aurasoulful

Okay, sounds reasonable enough.. *puts stick down* I dislike having to do that everyday anyway. What should I do if it does smell?
aurasoulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #12 
Oldfishlady

Hold your nose...lol...just kidding.....make a water change and poke the substrate....but once your plants are actively growing they should help to pull the needed oxygen into the soil to prevent anaerobic spots...along with the help from the MTS.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #13 
aurasoulful

LOL Oh yes, I will hold my nose DX OMG!! I have tons of MTS babies!! They are all over the place! Wow.. Okay, will do! I won't panic anymore, I promise. I'm just going through tough times, and this tank is keeping me level headed. Thanks as always OFL :D You are brillant
Old 10-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #14 
Thunderloon

I have more than two hundred live trumpets in my planted 10... its kinda scary, the whole bottom moves around. They're living off the dead plants from a furan-tripple sulfa treatment at raised pH... everything but the crypt/wendtii and the java fern were melted... the java fern went POOF and is almost a ball of little sprout leaves!

Remember that you'll need to take the newer batches of baby snails out to cull the herd, they'll climb the tank wall and you can get them with a plastic solo cup before you re-fill after your siphon sweeping. While the trumpets don't follow the inch rule for tanks they're still living creatures that add load to it.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #15 
aurasoulful

Yeah, so far I have nine adults, so I want to let a few more mature before I start capturing the teenies. I could give them away. I don't think could kill them. They look like baby unicorn horns :D
Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #16 
Trobar

I just ordered 7 MTS for my tank to be. How long before I have too many? I plan on getting a couple/few assassin snails to control them.
Trobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:13 AM   #17 
aurasoulful

I dunno how long they start making babies. I got mine a couple weeks ago and already I have little guys. You may get more then 7 snails. I got nine adults and four teeny ones