Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #1 
BlackberryBetta

I give up...

Hey guys. So I am posting just to say that I am leaving for a while. I am not going to delete my account, I'm just not going to be posting. 3 of my bettas have died in the past 2 months. One just died and I have no idea why, he was beautiful and I feel horrible for whatever I did to him. I desperately want to get another betta but something tells me that I shouldn't. I haven't kept a Berta alive for more than a year so I feel guilty buying another
One. I just wanna says thanks for all the help and just posted to say that when you don't see my posts, I'm not dead! Just taking a little time off. I am down to 1 betta who has dropsy so I doubt he will be around much longer though I am trying my hardest. Thanks again for everything and don't worry, I'll be back.... :)
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Nawww well hope you come back!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

I understand, however, don't beat yourself up and don't blame yourself either....stuff happens and Bettas get sick and/or die more often from things out of our control and nothing that we did wrong...it just happens.....usually not a lot we can do- but our Best....and you are doing this.......don't give up- but I do understand about taking a break......look forward to hearing and seeing your new future Bettas......keep your chin up.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #4 
Luimeril

i know how you feel. i lost so many of mine, so fast, it'd horrid. recently, it was Purple, then Theo, then Zidane, now Chappy.... give yerself a break, like i am. i have that itch, but i'm not ready to get anyone else....
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #5 
Laki

Keeping them in a great environment for up to a year is better than letting them perish in the cups in the pet store. So, like others said, don't beat yourself up. Take how ever much time you need, we'll all be here :P Bless
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #6 
BlackberryBetta

Thanks you so much guys, and thanks for understanding. I love bettas so much but I just don't feel that it is right to buy them just for my personal pleasure. I want to give them the best, so I probably won't be getting any until I learn more and make sure everything is good with my tanks. In the meantime I am treating my last guy for dropsy at 3 tsp Epsom salt a gallon. Sorry this isn't the place to be asking this but is that right? Haha. I love you guys, I think I will stick around just to chat once in a while...
Old 10-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #7 
CrowntailTwitchy57

well, see you in a while! remember, whenever you wanna turn to us, we're here! it's not like were going anywhere!
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #8 
BlackberryBetta

Thanks, that's what I love about you guys!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with OFL. Sometimes things just... happen that are out of our control. Don't stay away too long. Maybe take a break and try agaiin.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #10 
Okami

while im new here I certainly know what your feeling. When I started my amazon 50 gallon every angel fish or Discus I put in just kept dying. I was about to give up until a L.P.S clerk told me to buy 3 of their Discus, the ones I have now. I did, they are doing wonderfully and when ever im in the shop they ask me how my Discus are doing. :) Take Care.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote