Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #1 
Rjb5584

A bubblenest for one, lethargy for the other

Whitey Bulger made his first bubblenest today, which I'm very excited about! He's really active and happy-looking!

Spreckers, on the other hand...he has been sitting on the bottom of his tank all day. Both fish have the same setup, in the same room, with the same amount of light. It's a bit frustrating: I'd like both fish to be happy and healthy, and Spreckers seems to just not be havin' it. Doesn't like to eat (won't touch bloodworms), he's a pain to wrangle for water changes, very shy, and pretty inactive; while Whitey is the exact opposite on all levels.

Last night and today were a lot colder in my apartment than they have been (not sure why), so I thought that might be part of the cause for the lethargy, but when I saw Whitey's bubblenest, it was a real curve-ball.

Anyone have any ideas?
Rjb5584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #2 
bahamut285

A lot of bettas have different temperaments. Whitey is probably the type that doesn't really mind and Spreckers might be sensitive.

Do you have heaters for your tank? I recommend getting their water temperatures up to around 78-80, it really puts a spring in their step :)

Bubble-nesting is also not always a sign of health/happiness. I've seen sick bettas build nests as well. It is more of a very general sign that they are enjoying themselves, not as a definitive thing.

I hope Spreckers gets better :)
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote