Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #1 
LittleBettaFish

Tub sorority video

(If you have your volume up, you can hear our Siamese cat 'wowing' in the background)

I have 8 females living in a 50 litre tub. Originally there were just 6 VTs intended to spend the summer outside eating mozzies, but then I put two of my other females in there as I had some new pairs arriving.

The two newcomers have been living alone for a while now. However, both of them have had no problems settling into sorority life.

Usually everyone only clusters like this when they hear me tap the side as they think its feed time. If I look in and they don’t know I’m there, it’s almost impossible to find anyone.

They’re all very tame as you can see, and like to rest on my hand if I leave it in there. The tank is planted with water sprite and ambulia, and there are some PVC pipes and pieces of wood in there as well.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #2 
GreenTea

....mozzies???

Adorable girls, and nice video! Thanks for sharing :) My girls aren't to hand cuddling stage yet
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

Mozzies = mosquitoes. My elderly neighbours have an open-top water tank so we get heaps here in the summer. I thought these girls might appreciate a chance to be 'wild fish' for a couple of months.

However, I've since decided I'll use the tub for a breeding pair of actual wilds, as I would be devastated if anything happened to this lot.

Compared to my other sorority these girls are so gentle. One of the females from my bedroom sorority likes biting my elbow while I'm cleaning their tank.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #4 
GreenTea

Yikes! What a brat :) Yeah that group does look very docile.

Good idea. I have been looking at wild bettas lately...some are really pretty. Their cigarette shaped bodies kind of turned me off initially but they are growing on me as I continue in the hobby. I'm into chunkier types.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #5 
Findlay

Aw! That video made my day!! Lucky you, what great girls you have
Findlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #6 
LittleBettaFish

Haha thanks. It's one of my lowest maintenance tanks, which makes it a nice break from the rest. I just chuck some food in, do a couple of water changes a week and dose some fertilisers every now and then.

Everyone is fat and happy, and I'm sure there are about a hundred worse places those VT females could have ended up in.