Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #1 
tsukiowns

Question new betta need advise to QT.

hey guys
so i have decided to get my new boy on Monday, however, i have my precious tsuki in his ten g tank and need to be devided... i plan to do a 50% water change, rearrange, and place the divider in and add more water and then place both fish in... my main concer is that the new boy my have something and i need advise on how to QT him.. i have a 2/3 of my 1g aquarium filled and letting the water settle to QT my new boy.. how long should i keep him there? what do i need to add appart from water conditioner? any other advice are welcomed!
tsukiowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #2 
Myates

I would just fill the gallon up all the way (as long as it is covered) and put in water with water conditioner. No reason to put in anything else. A week would be fine in QT, gives anything time to surface and be known. Just make sure to add in a cpl plants and a hiding spot if possible so he gets comfortable to reduce the chance of something popping up from the stress of the move.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote