Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What is your favourite holiday?
Christmas 5 45.45%
Halloween 3 27.27%
Hanukka 1 9.09%
Easter 1 9.09%
Valentines Day 0 0%
Thanksgiving 0 0%
Other 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #1 
CrowntailTwitchy57

Cool Holiday stories?

I just thought this thread would be fun to see if anyone has any funny or cool mishaps or stories during any holiday! Anyone want to share any Thanksgiving stories? Any turkey disastors or crazy uncles at dinner? (Come on, EVERYONE has a crazy relative!) Or, you can just say happy holidays! Let's see if this thread will catch on or not!
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #2 
diablo13

This doesn't have to do with holidays( but it happens every holiday anyway....), but I have this Awesome Uncle with a garage for of (probably illegal) fireworks. He takes them out and overall trys to get us scared. He's my rolemodel XD
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #3 
gmd1800

One Christmas, I accidentally sliced my hand open while cutting a bagel and it bled for hours. Not funny, but horrific.

Another time, my friend's grandma realized she had left a glass pan in the oven with the Thanksgiving turkey, and in her hurry to get it out, she put it in the sink. My friend wandered over, noticed the pan was hot, and ran cold water over it. It SHATTERED.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #4 
Bresn

Ho ho ho(Pass gift to everyone)!
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #5 
shrazybunny

One time, our class did a secret santa. We gave each other candy or stuffed animals, stuff like that. Luckily for me, I got the class clown as my secret santa (sense the sarcasm?). Guess what I got? 1 can of tuna, 1 bag of those mint lifesaver things. Packaged in a Tropicana orange juice box. Still can't get over it...
shrazybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

When I was in college, many years ago, lol, our dorm did secret santas. So I had been talking for weeks about getting a tape of the album Get Lucky by the group Loverboy. Well, I get a card from my secret santa saying something like you never know, you might "get lucky". I made a few comments that maybe my secret santa would get it for me for Christmas as my final gift. Well, guess what? When it came time to reveal secret santas everyone got something BUT ME! I complained to someone in the restroom later, not knowing that my secret santa was also in the room. She chewed me up one side and down the other that she made me something and she wasn't going to give it to me because I was expecting her to give me that tape. I told her I'd be happy to get whatever it was that she made me. That girl was a real flake.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #7 
Pitluvs

Speaking of Crazy Uncle. When I was younger, my Uncle Rannie (who is my favorite, he used to tell me he ate cats, and the orange ones were most tender) brought 2 large garbage bags of gifts for everyone at Christmas time. He lived away so it was always a huge thing. Well my cousins ended up taking the garbage out to the curb. On Christmas Day we searched high and low for the two bags of gifts... guess where they were?? Apparently I got a Barbie Watch and back in the 80's, that was cool lol

Christmas is my favorite, mainly because I have kids and I love seeing their faces on Christmas morning. My favorite holiday before them was Halloween. I love the paranormal side of things.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #8 
diablo13

This Halloween I'm dressing up as Charlie Sheen and staying home to make trick-or-treats mad. WINNING! I like christmas, too....and ham. I like Christmas Ham.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #9 
CrowntailTwitchy57

we never have ham on the holidays. always turkey.
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

We'll probably have ham and turkey at my cousin's. Not sure what we're doing for Thanksgiving.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote