Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #1 
bettalover2033

Guinea Pig thread!

Anyone have a cute little guinea pig or piggies that you would like to share? Post your photos of them here! Now:)!

This is just a thread that binds us cavy lovers together and maybe even give each other some tips about having fun with them:)

So anyone??

I actually have one named Effie:)... she is black and white and has a brown patch on her lower back:)...

and here she is.....

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/...8-27160949.jpg
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #2 
gmd1800

I don't own any, but I actually know someone who is a renowned breeder of Silkies, Coronets and Americans. She recently gave away all of her guinea pigs because she got married and is now pregnant. Doesn't have time to take care of all 50 pigs!

Edit: I would have LOVED to get one of her G&CC pigs - they were AWESOME. Top of the line guinea pigs.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1800 View Post
I don't own any, but I actually know someone who is a renowned breeder of Silkies, Coronets and Americans. She recently gave away all of her guinea pigs because she got married and is now pregnant. Doesn't have time to take care of all 50 pigs!

Edit: I would have LOVED to get one of her G&CC pigs - they were AWESOME. Top of the line guinea pigs.
WOW, thats really cool! Well im really newb to this whole cavvy thing and i am just learning along the way with a bunch of research of course!

-BL2033
Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #4 
missm83

i dont personally but my bf does.. he had 3 but one of them just died..i think he was old..he has been adopting them for years...he had 3 before these 3..all rescue..let me see if i can find the pics ..he mad the cage him self..its a 2 story cage ...
OK so the one in the big cage is Duce...hes a Huge pig (3lbs)lol..
then the 2 brothers in the igloo is Bert and Erny...
then the black one is Shaggy white one is Tommy
Attached Images

missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #5 
gmd1800

Yep - I can definitely help you with some stuff if you need! She fed her pigs some of the top hay/GP feed. I can ask her for more deets if you want!
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #6 
ThePearlFish

I went with my BF to adopt Guinea Pigs from the shelter and ended up with 3 but unfortunately 5 months after we adopted Noboz, we put her to sleep after she was not recovering from some medical issues.

But here is Toadie (full name: Toadwart) and Asher (the grey). They are approximately 5 yrs. old I believe.

They live in the same cage but are separated from each other.

ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #7 
missm83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I went with my BF to adopt Guinea Pigs from the shelter and ended up with 3 but unfortunately 5 months after we adopted Noboz, we put her to sleep after she was not recovering from some medical issues.

But here is Toadie (full name: Toadwart) and Asher (the grey). They are approximately 5 yrs. old I believe.

i never seen a gray pig...wow they are cute!
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #8 
ThePearlFish

As Asher is aging the white rings around her eyes seem to get whiter lol. I actually never saw a grey gpig either till I got her,
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:48 AM   #9 
bettalover2033

Quote:
As Asher is aging the white rings around her eyes seem to get whiter lol. I actually never saw a grey gpig either till I got her,
I second that!! she looked like a chinchilla to me.lol

Quote:

Aw that is really sad! Well i have three technically, i have one and my two sisters have one each, but i have to buy all of the supplies so thats why i consider them mine. :P

How old is a cavvy's life time? I heard that it was 5 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1800 View Post
Yep - I can definitely help you with some stuff if you need! She fed her pigs some of the top hay/GP feed. I can ask her for more deets if you want!
can you only keep males together? And how do you stop the females from nipping constantly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missm83 View Post
i dont personally but my bf does.. he had 3 but one
of them just died..i think he was old..he has been adopting them for years...he had 3 before these 3..all rescue..let me see if i can find the pics ..he made the cage him self..its a 2 story cage ...
OK so the one in the big cage is Duce...hes a Huge pig (3lbs)lol..
then the 2 brothers in the igloo is Bert and Erny...
then the black one is Shaggy white one is Tommy
Yea same here! Only difference is, (as i explained up there ^) i have three technically. Has he ever kept them together? If so what are the genders and how?

Well The other two Piggy's names are Hogarth, and Matilda from the movie matilda and hogarth or "Hoggie" is from the iron giant, if anyone knows that movie:)...

But here are the pictures of them two:) I could have sworn hoggie was posing for the camera:P

That one is Matilda or mattie for short---->

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/...8-29213350.jpg

And last but not least the crazy haired hoggie!:

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/...8-29212859.jpg
Old 10-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #10 
Pitluvs

I love GPs so so much. I had one as a child, Buddy. He was a black angora, my best friend. Sadly, his home was a 10g tank :( Knowing what I know today, I feel horrible. We have pet rats in a 5ft tall $500 cage, so GP is not something we can have. I am sure the fiance will talk me into it when the kids are older :) Thanks for sharing guys!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote