Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #11 
SVC

I agree with Myates, the fact that you are trying to come up with an alternative does matter and beyond that, you can't do anything else. Please don't feel bad for any decision you ultimately end up making. I think we all know, as well as yourself, that it is out of necessity, not desire or uncaring.

That said, I'm sorry he is getting worse. I don't mean this in a bad way because of course, I want your little guy to get better, but maybe it would be a blessing if he did pass on his own if indeed that is his destiny at thi time, so at least you wouldn't have to help him go.

Please let us know what happens and know that there are lots of people that support you whatever the outcome!
SVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #12 
Tangeh

Believe it or not, I never euthanized him... My mom thought clove oil was cruel and wouldn't allow me to purchase any... The next time I came home, I figured out that he would eat if put in a small enough container so that he could reach the food. I told this to my mom and after just a week he's doing much better. He can now swim to the top on his own and hardly ever hides in his castle anymore. :) He's like a whole new fish! Except he doesn't have a tail still. I think he's been in salt for too long, so I'm taking him out of that today. Plus my mom's been cleaning his tank and everything! She said she did a full water change yesterday... forgot to put in the water conditioner and heater but he seems okay. xD I think she might have replaced the filter cartridge too which concerns me because it was cycled before. Hopefully he'll get better now that I'll be home more often for the next month.
Tangeh is offline   Reply With Quote