Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #1 
PaintedOaksOki

Internal Parasites? Tumor?

I am worried about my Betta OKi, he seems to have an abnormal lump on his side...

How has your betta fish's appearance changed? I can't really say I bought him from Petsmart on Wednesday, I didn't notice it until we brought him home. He has an abnormal lump on his left side
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? I can't say.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? As soon as we brought home
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No I haven't treated it as I have no clue what this could be
Does your fish have any history of being ill? I can't say... Not like the Petsmart people know the history of the pets they bring in...
How old is your fish (approximately)? Not like Petsmart employees know the ages of the fish either...
Please help I'm worried!
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #2 
Indyfishy

Hello, I hope I can help you figure out what's wrong with your guy! Where is the lump located??? Has he been eating normally??? Has his poop been white???
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #3 
PaintedOaksOki

He eats four pellets a day, two in the morning, and two around 4pm
uhhh... the lump is located on his left side, near his Caudal and Anal fins, I had my Aunt look at it, no shes not a vet or anything, but sshe thinks i should take him back and get one that looks healthier
He had a spazz attack yesterday, for lik two seconds where he crashed into the front of the tank, then hit the filter 3 times, before hitting the heater, doing a noose dive and laying on the bottom, looking like he was breathing heavy, later on i came to check up on him and he was laying on his side, looking like he was dead...
Old 10-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #4 
Indyfishy

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good at all. Could you post a picture??? I've had a betta with a tumor, so I could probably tell right away if that's what he's got.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #5 
PaintedOaksOki

I will try to get a decent pick of the poor little guy... THis is my first Betta, and I don't want a dead fish in like two days of me getting him... :(
He was kind of a present as I wanted to buy a Betta fish with my own money but instead my mom took me to Petsmart, and she bought everything for me!
I'll go finda camera and take a few pics right now!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #6 
PaintedOaksOki

Oh and I have no idea about the color of his poop....
Old 10-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #7 
Indyfishy

Awesome, if you can get a pic of the little guy I'm sure someone on the forum or myself can tell you what's going on with him. I'm so sorry that you've had such a bad experience with you first betta =( When you pick out your next one, be sure to look extra closely for any health issues. Don't get one that has any fuzz on it, little white specks like salt grains, swollen eyes, swollen belly, or any big lumps and bumps.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #8 
PaintedOaksOki

I should of watched more carefully... If they have females there next time I might get them instead....
I took pictures, but I can't get them to upload, I could try on my phone but it takes horrible pics... Can I see a pic of your fish? And then maybe if it looks similar, or something...
Old 10-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #9 
Indyfishy

To load pics on this website you have to post them somewhere else (facebook, photobucket, etc) and then copy and paste them into your post. But I'll go ahead and get a photo of my guy for you =D females are great fun, i'd totally recommend getting one!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #10 
Indyfishy

Here's a photo of Vincent, he passed away in July of a tumor. The pic is a bit blurry, but you can clearly see the large lump behind his pectoral fin (the ones on the sides of their bodies that flutter all the time)